• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Pentium Dual Core E5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chad29

Registered
Hey guys
I'm still kinda new to overclocking (only did it once before).. So I would like to follow a step by step guide on how to overclock my CPU:
Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.5ghz
ECS G31T-M7 mobo
2GB Apacer Technology ram (PC2-6400)

Hey guys
I'm still kinda new to overclocking (only did it once before).. So I would like to follow a step by step guide on how to overclock my CPU:
Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.5ghz
ECS G31T-M7 mobo
2GB Apacer Technology ram (PC2-6400)

You could try this:

1. Download SetFSB
2. Set clock generator to RTM876-665
3. Click "GetFSB"
4. Move to 65, click setfsb
5. Move to 75
6. Click setfsb

Done
2.964 GHz (3.0GHz basically)

I only know how to do it without bios, but there is a youtube video out there explaining how to do it with bios. Just google overclock pentium e5200 2.5 and it's usually the first or second video to pop up.I DO NOT RECOMMEND GOING OVER 75 (2.9Ghz)!!! My system blue-screened like 7 times already trying it out. Just a warning.

The move to 65 helps against crashing during the overclocking of the CPU. I assume signal skipping of some sort might be a cause, crashed on my a couple times jumping straight to 75.

Thanks, I'll try it out and see how far I get... I currently have it running @ 2.8ghz in the bios and couldn't log in with 3.0ghz (just got a black screen after the boot animation)

i got my pentium e5200 to run at 3.2ghz. but i also got my e8400 to run at 4ghz. EZ. heres how i did it.

i set ram to 667mhz FSB and then up the CPU FSB to around 840mhz. however, i saw that my computer was pushing the processor to 1.4v because settings were on auto. so i took everything off auto except ddr voltage (whcih was set to 2.012v on auto). i increased CPU FSB to around 867mhz and i reached 4ghz.

now for you, go into your bios and set everything to manual except ddr voltage. set ram to 667mhz and increase cpu fsb.

if ddr voltage auto setting is not avalible, increase little by little. raising it over 2.1 volts is risky.

let us know how it works out for you.

My temps are 33C and 40C in idle
Using Intel Burn Test it gets up 60C
My voltage is 1.2875v (default). I didn't see any bios setting to change it

Use your BIOS instead of SetFSB to overclock. You will be limited because of the lack of options on your board.

In the Advanced Chipset section change your DRAM Frequency from Auto to 667.
In the Voltage/Frequency Control section Enable the CPU Over-clock Func (disable Spread Spectrum while you're there).
Increase the CPU Frequency from 200 to 220, Safe&Exit, reboot.
Open your temperature monitoring & run Burn Test. If your temp stays below 80C & it doesn't crash try 225 CPU Frequency & test again. Repeat adding 5MHz each time.
Once you get a BSOD or see 80C+ you've reached the max. Back off about 5MHz & test again.
I'll guess that you won't get past 235-240, but the only way to find out is to try it.

Ok so I have it at 232 (2.9ghz), with Burn Test temps reaching about 70c max... I'll see if I get any BSOD's in the next few days... Then I'll try getting to to 3ghz

Is the CPU fan screaming at 70C or is it still pretty quiet? If it is screaming consider an aftermarket CPU cooler such as the Hyper 212 cooler. If it is still quiet, you can make it spin up more by changing a setting in the Fans section in BIOS.

IMO 70C in Burn Test with a stock heatsink fan isn't too bad.

It's still pretty quiet... Yip the auto fan speed setting is turned off... And I could always use SpeedFan... Yea I agree it's good for a stock fan..my previous rig idled in the 50's so these temps are pretty good for me

Back