• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would like some input for gpu and monitors for a new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tcar

Registered
Hi all this site was a great help on my last build and I'm hoping to get some input for the system I'm currently putting together. so far I have the following.

CPU= amd FX9590
M\B= Asus Crosshair formula-z
ram= Gskill Trident-x 16gb 2400
psu= Corsair AX-1200i
ssd= samsung EVO 500gb
case= Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Series PH-ES614
OS= Windows 8.1

all the above parts are already purchased.

I'm trying to decide between running 2 GTX780 ti's in SLI OR a MSI R9 295X obviously my budget is around a grand for the GPU

I plan to run a 3-monitor set-up probably 27inch (i would also like to see any recommendations you may have on monitors)

I tend to play mmorpg style games but do play some fps games, picture quality out weighs high hrz here.

I am also planning on a custom water cooling loop for this system (which I will also have some questions on)

my wife does coding and will be using this system from time to time so text clarity would be a consideration as well.

You would be better off grabbing a pair of GTX 970's then the 780 Ti's. More Vram and they are in most cases right around the same performance.

thanks mandrake, I actually decided on the 295x2 will be putting it under water hoping its the beast its cracked up to be.

Back