• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GBUILD - I can help you create a Gaming Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Beta, I don't mean to sound like a hater. In fact it's the opposite. I just don't see the need. If I'm wrong I'll eat my words, and I hope I do.

Beta, I don't mean to sound like a hater. In fact it's the opposite. I just don't see the need. If I'm wrong I'll eat my words, and I hope I do.

Haha no don't worry buddy! It was just a suggestion :p

Don't give up!

I have one for you: Notepad Clone with Spell Check out of the box.
Can you create an open source Notepad clone... and then just add an open source spell checker to it? In other words, a Notepad equivalent which would have red squiggly lines under your misspelled words so that you can just create universal .txt files quickly.

Hear me out before jumping to conclusions. I have been looking for that since Internet begun. Notepad++ can be set up that way but it is a *nightmare* to use.

You may think that there is a simple Notepad equivalent with spell checker out there, but there isn't. You would have to spend an hour or more figuring out how to modify it and then simple things like changing the display font would be (literally) impossible to find for an average user on it.

So make Notepad than can do this out of the box with Spellchecker already installed:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...epad-Review-Spell-Checker-for-Windows-Notepad

Hey man, I'll actually do a project on that! But bare with me I've got my final exams coming up and I MIGHT start a bit on it but not no where new finishing. When I'm done, I'll put up a post on your created post :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. I will see it. Private Message me any time or post in the thread, I'll see it. Depending on how available open source stuff is, this shouldn't be too hard.
Essentially simple Notepad with already included Spellchecker.
I might have some other ideas, but a simple clone + Spellchecker would take off as version 1.0 for sure.

Good luck with your exams. Real Life takes precedent and is more important ;)

Back