• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best (low-price) SSD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnknownSpectre

Registered
Knowing not a lot about SSDs and their reliabilities...I am asking this question: What are the most reliable SSDs that have a lower price tag to them? I am likely looking for 128 or 256GB of space.

Part B of this question is, having never had a PC with an SSD, and not knowing the nice quick load times, would going strictly HDD for the next year or two be a bad idea?

Thanks!

I like the Samsung line
The EVO is a great drive for the money

At minimum put your OS on one if you can swing it get one large enough to Handel your favorite games

I'm not sure what are the local prices but Crucial MX100 is quite good and inexpensive. Also has great support.
Samsung EVO 840 is also good option. 850 cost some more while they offer about the same.

What's the budget for an SSD?
I'd stick to the 840 EVO, personally.

I will look at the MX100s and the EVO 840.

Another question: Are refurbished SSDs worth the lower price, or should I suck it up and just get a new one

What's the budget for an SSD?
Not 100% sure yet. I've got about $400-500 left in my budget, and all I need yet is Storage and Processor

I'd go with a 250GB EVO and a 4690K then.

Just grab a new one, any SSD worth having won't have refurbs readily available.

I'd go with a 250GB EVO and a 4690K then.

Just grab a new one, any SSD worth having won't have refurbs readily available.

New it is...looks like I can get the EVO for 150...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147248
That leaves me 250-350 for my processor. I can grab a 4790K for $280, so I can probably get the best of both worlds that way. I have some older hard drives sitting around I can use for storage until I can upgrade that at a later point. I don't plan on playing too many games, so I can probably get away with just that 250 for my games and OS

Back