• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free Backplate For Certain EVGA 970s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So you love them just because they didn't add backplate at the beginning like some other brands ? ;)
But really it's nice to get free backplate as it usually costs about $30.

EVGA PSUs are above average but not the best. There are many brands of better PSUs in similar price. Still it's good option and I saw that prices slightly dropped ( at least in EU ).

EVGA PSUs are above average but not the best. There are many brands of better PSUs in similar price. Still it's good option and I saw that prices slightly dropped ( at least in EU ).

Really? Not sure how average is taking multiple 10/10 scores on JonnyGuru.
Here in the US they're cheaper than the competition while impressing Oklahoma Wolf. I'd call that top notch.

Maybe the latest series as they changed OEM manufacturer ... and I guess I didn't check their PSUs for about a year. Now I see what you mean with these Supernova series.

In EU their prices are not so good. Even EVGA store is calculating 1$ = 1€ when it's ~25% difference not to mention additional taxes.

Last edited:
Woomack whats with the debby downer stuff!...My gigabyte windforce 670s had no backplanes on them, and they never offered any!~

MSI , Gigabyte, EVGA and ASUS with or without backplates cost about the same , all depends what store. When I was buying my Gigabyte then it was about $20 cheaper than EVGA SSC, MSI Gaming and ASUS Strix while only ASUS from these 3 had backplate. Right now there is available lower Gigabyte WF3 ( not G1 ) without backplate and with slightly worse cooler for about $30 less but I'm not sure if it's worth the difference.

Free backplate is a nice thing but competition in similar price was giving backplates and also better power section and higher power limits so card after OC won't throttle. Exception from these gaming series is maybe ASUS which has backplate but power limits are almost the same as in EVGA.

Last edited:
Received my backplates yesterday and put them on, fairly easy, I noticed some of my screws for the HSF not the tightest on one of my cards, so I gave them a half turn. Also put the rig into my new case Corsair 750D. Time to retire the old Antec 1200. Will be dropping in an H110 next week when it arrives, should be able to get some more hertz out of this 4790 I think.

DSCF2993.JPG

Last edited:
Back