• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Upgrade Or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gsantana

Registered
well for a wile now i was thinking about upgrading if not adding another MSI r9 270 crossfired to complete 4gb but looking around i stumbled upod a post here about GeForce GTX 970 4GB
priced at around $340-350 around the web now my current rig is a Fx8350 and an high airflow case -corsair air 540 and i really want more Gpu performance and at the same time i did not want to have my r9 270 just laying around and i play and use my computer on a 40" tv 1080p 120hz and want better graphics in my games like battlefield and all other up coming games so please tell me should i purchase another msi r9 270 at $180 and crossfire it or purchase GeForce GTX 970 4GB for $350 and no i do not plan on upgrading modo/cpu my current powersupply is a Cosrair 750m gold.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125684

Crossfire doesn't add vRAM together. You'll still have 2GB.

You're much better off with a 970 than with two R9 270's.

To 'complete 4GB'? You do not 'add up' vRAM in SLI/CrossfireX. You would still have 2GB as the data is mirrored on both cards.

That said, at 1080p and you want to move forward, I would grab the 970 and sell the r9 270 you have. That way you get on the amount of vRAM you need moving forward.

thnx for reply that was fast ....well i guess ill go with the 970 and will have to wait until they are available again.

Back