• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some assistance on a new case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Critical_level2

Registered
Since I am upgrading my pc it is time for a new case. I have a Gigabyte GTX 97-0 G1 Gaming on order and I do not think it will fit very well in my current case. My current case is the first gen silver Raidmax Smilodon Mid tower. My current case also has pretty crappy airflow which won't help either as it only has a 120mm intake fan, 80mm ehxhaust and 2 side 80mm that have horrible placement.

I am looking at the following cases:

1. Corsair Carbide Air series 540
2. Corsair Graphite 730T
3. Coolmaster HAF XB EVO

My first choice is the Carbide Air 540, but the other 2 are around $20 cheaper.

I will be overclocking at some point in the future. First on air then possibly on water.

I am looking for opinions on whether it is worth the extra $20 for the Carbide Air 540 or just go with one of the other 2.

Thanks.

Go with the Air 540. You won't regret it. LOTS of space for cable routing and water system placement. I love mine. You can see the build in my signature.

Back