• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is my 8320 doing this in P95?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

If you happen to look at core #4 + #6 they are drastically behind the other cores in tests. I am OC to 4.2Ghz at 21x200 vcore 1.425v NB 1.20v VDDA 2.55v. Temps are fine socket/package. 57°C/49°C

Is this a sign of a core about to crash?

Hardware in sig.

P95.jpg
P95-1.jpg

yea, we see that all the time with FX, I really don't know the cause so I have no cure.

If you happen to look at core #4 + #6 they are drastically behind the other cores in tests. I am OC to 4.2Ghz at 21x200 vcore 1.425v NB 1.20v VDDA 2.55v. Temps are fine socket/package. 57°C/49°C

Is this a sign of a core about to crash?

Hardware in sig.

View attachment 155377
View attachment 155378

Some of those cores are still being given something to do in the background by applications still running and not just P95 alone. This background work can slow some of the cores. That said AMD orignally brought out the ACC function to try and give a user adjustment to try and influence what might be a slightly lesser core. ACC is not applicable to FX processors.

Also the balancing of which processor core is doing what is also a "load" and can influence cores with the overhead.

Shorter answer > slow core may-might-could indicate weak core, but there is little user adjustable wise that can be done on FX processor.
RGone...

well thanks for the quick replies guys. im just glad its not my cpu going out or something bad like that. Ive seen variance before just not that bad and i saw it and got worried.

Back