• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-4930k stock temperatures?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HERATHEIM

Registered
Hello
I have purchased i7-4930k and wanted to ensure that my noctua nh-u14s makes the best cooling, that i put the thermal paste the best way...
I wanted to know the idle temperatures of i7-4930k in idle and load.

Capture.JPG

Thank you

Idle temperatures really don't matter a whole lot. Do 20 min of prime95 then post up the max temps.

I forgot to tell the i7-4930k is on RAMPAGE IV EXTREME.

I will do prime95 when i get back home.

Why Idle temperatures don't matter?

I just want to make sure my temperatures are good before i do any overclocking.

Tnanks

Less than 40c isn't very accurate the majority of time. And when overclocking you max temp is what you will want to be keeping an eye on.

How good is the airflow in your case and around what temp do you keep the room where your pc sets at. Ambient temps will make a difference as well. When I started working the the OC on mine I ended up setting it right on top of my ac vent. But that was mainly for attempting higher clocks for benchmarking.

The airflow is good, the case is: Cooler Master HAF X
The temps around 23-25 the case is near corner wall that itself pretty cold most of the time.

Anything below 80*C is good after overvoltage. Best if you keep it at about 70*C or lower but under full load in some programs it will be hard.

After thinking about how i applied the paste i decided to change it...
I have managed to lower the temps :)

The CPU is running on 3.9 and not on 3.4

Capture3.JPG

That's good man. Yea depending how the paste is applied and the quality of the paste can deffinitely save you some degrees. What kind are you using

I have used the NT-H1 it comes with noctua. Used it the first time and the second.

I personally don't know a lot about that paste. A couple good ones I've always used has been arctic silver 5 and tuniq tx4.

Noctua is better than AS5. I don't know what about Tuniq. From newer pastes MX2/4 or something from Gelid is good too. Too much info for a single post so if you are interested then in the cooling section are threads about it.

Temps of that 4930K are good and you can easily set 4.2GHz probably at lower voltage. 1.3V is more for a 4.4-4.5GHz.

Thanks

The voltage that you see is stock, i didn't anything, there is auto boost.

Can i overclock my memory to 2400 without overclocking my cpu?

Yes, memory has its own ratio but use XMP profile so BIOS will set timings and voltages for you.

I did use the XMP and everything looks great. Now my memory runs at 2400 :)

Thanks

Back