• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COOLER MASTER HAF X nVidia Edition with Corsair H90 Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nycatt

Registered
I just ordered components for my new rig and have a quick question.

For a CPU cooler I went with the CORSAIR Hydro Series H90 High Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 140mm mounted on the rear of the case.

I also noticed on my case I have two 200mm top fans. Will I be ok with the H90 or is there other options to use the top mounting.

Thanks

Last edited:
CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W
CPU Cooling: Corsair H90
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000
Mobo: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99
Video: EVGA 980 GTX SC X2 SLI
System HD: Corsair Force Series™ GT 120GB SATA 3 6Gb/s Solid-State Hard Drive
Storage HD: 1TB Western Digital Black 7200rpm 6gb
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-206
Sound: Onboard
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro (1000W)
Case: HAF X Nvidia Edition
Keyboard: Logitech G19

I'm not sure how the new intels are with heat but I would think you would want something in a 240 or 280 rad for that.

Definitely want a dual fan radiator (240mm or 280mm) for that chip. Especially if you plan to do any overclocking at all.

my 942 haf-x takes a 3x120 rad in the top, I have run a 60mm thick one in it and it all fit. the issue is that you give up the top drive bay.

Do you know who would make a dual 200mm radiator fan that fits without any modifications. For now I'll install what I have and will not overclock.

You can overclock with what you have but the question is how much. Just monitor core temps and keep them under 90c when stress testing.

Thanks guys for the replies.

I just RMAed the Corsair H90 140mm and got the H105 which is 240mm Rad/Fan.

Back