• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X11 configurations for 270X, 280X, 290X, and 7950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh, you're welcome! Nice work on that CPU XMR miner, too :D

Noticed one of my 270s kept disappearing on the Claymore miner last night. Had to dummy plug the little brat to get it to stop that. Probably should do that for all cards, but I'm lazy. You've got me curious now, so I'm thinking I might restore the stock BIOS on that 4GB 270X and run it by itself in another rig at the same clocks as the Asus card. I want to see if the extra RAM really does make a difference in XMR mining.

Oh, you're welcome! Nice work on that CPU XMR miner, too :D

Noticed one of my 270s kept disappearing on the Claymore miner last night. Had to dummy plug the little brat to get it to stop that. Probably should do that for all cards, but I'm lazy. You've got me curious now, so I'm thinking I might restore the stock BIOS on that 4GB 270X and run it by itself in another rig at the same clocks as the Asus card. I want to see if the extra RAM really does make a difference in XMR mining.

I think the extra memory should.

The results are in - 470h/s at 1120/1500. It's slightly faster than the Elpida 7950, definitely faster than the other 270s.

No more 2GB cards for this guy.

The results are in - 470h/s at 1120/1500. It's slightly faster than the Elpida 7950, definitely faster than the other 270s.

No more 2GB cards for this guy.

Now that is more along what I was expecting. Nice.

Also tried to get the Claymore miner to see all 4GB using GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1. Worked, but I got warnings about linking two modules of different data layouts and different target triples.

Hashrate dropped to 450 that way.

Odd, I figured that 4GB 270X would do FAR better on XMR... Claymore's got something up his sleeve, I swear...

Haha, believe me, so is everyone. Thanks for the config, I see you use 4 GPU threads; I'll try it.

EDIT: Ah, the 4 threads didn't work for me; probably because half the GPU is no longer idle :p

I knew I forgot something :facepalm:
I use batch files to mine, so here's an example:

-g 4,2
4 threads for the 270x and 2 for the 7850. All flags are like that for me. (first switch flag is for teh 270x and the second one is for the 7850)
So Intensity 19 for the 270x and 16 for the 7850.

Hashrates dropped in half without the -w 64 flag.
Also, I'm using AMD catalyst 14.9 just so you know ;)

I knew I forgot something :facepalm:
I use batch files to mine, so here's an example:

-g 4,2
4 threads for the 270x and 2 for the 7850. All flags are like that for me. (first switch flag is for teh 270x and the second one is for the 7850)
So Intensity 19 for the 270x and 16 for the 7850.

Hashrates dropped in half without the -w 64 flag.
Also, I'm using AMD catalyst 14.9 just so you know ;)

Thanks again; also on 14.9 with -w 64... as a matter of fact, I run all my cards with that worksize.

Thanks again; also on 14.9 with -w 64... as a matter of fact, I run all my cards with that worksize.

Oklahoma Wolf has proved that 14.6 is still better. I think he's getting 200Kh more than me? Something like that.
Perhaps downgrade then make your kernels with the better drivers :)

Oklahoma Wolf has proved that 14.6 is still better. I think he's getting 200Kh more than me? Something like that.
Perhaps downgrade then make your kernels with the better drivers :)

Nope - my code doesn't care.

I actually haven't really done much with 14.9. Currently running 14.7 rc3 on all rigs.

Nice! My two new 7950s arrived, one clocks 1200+ on core, the other 1175 or so on core :D

Sweet! One of these days, I should see what mine can really do. I've had the Gigabyte at 1120 before downvolting and the Club3D as high as 1080.

Was fiddling around with my 4GB 270X again to return it to its previous downvolted settings. Forgot that card is the only Hynix Pitcairn I have.

Just went back to mining on my cards for some extra heat in the house.

Is there a different .cl file that I should be using for x11 for the sgminer5.1 set than darkcoin-mod.dl?

Currently running 14.9 catalyst drivers.

My setup is 3x290x,290,4x280x (two-three separate systems)

On the 290xs I'm getting about 5.05mh/s [each] running these settings:

Code:
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "1",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"hamsi-expand-big" : "4",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"shares" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1000",
"gpu-memclock" : "1250",
"gpu-powertune" : "50",
"kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"worksize" : "64",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"shaders" : "0",
"xintensity" : "64",
"failover-switch-delay" : "30",
"no-pool-disable" : true
}

Just went back to mining on my cards for some extra heat in the house.

Is there a different .cl file that I should be using for x11 for the sgminer5.1 set than darkcoin-mod.dl?

Currently running 14.9 catalyst drivers.

My setup is 3x290x,290,4x280x (two-three separate systems)

On the 290xs I'm getting about 5.05mh/s [each] running these settings:

Code:
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "1",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"hamsi-expand-big" : "4",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"shares" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1000",
"gpu-memclock" : "1250",
"gpu-powertune" : "50",
"kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"worksize" : "64",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"shaders" : "0",
"xintensity" : "64",
"failover-switch-delay" : "30",
"no-pool-disable" : true
}

No, I'm using my pretty much completely rewritten CL file now, and am looking for good settings.

okay, so that's the best cl file there is minus your own one that you're aware of then?

I realize you're looking for the best settings, just trying to get mine dialed in and I can help get further.

okay, so that's the best cl file there is minus your own one that you're aware of then?

I realize you're looking for the best settings, just trying to get mine dialed in and I can help get further.

Yeah, darkcoin-mod is the best public OpenCL code for X11.

Janus, are you using the same config for your 280x's?

I'm not mining now but I wasn't able to get xI to run great on the 7850 or 270x...
280x is closer to my 270x then 290 so that's why I'm asking :)

Janus, are you using the same config for your 280x's?

I'm not mining now but I wasn't able to get xI to run great on the 7850 or 270x...
280x is closer to my 270x then 290 so that's why I'm asking :)

I run xI 128 on 270X, if it helps.

Back