• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most stable / better performing X99 board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Hey guys,

My i7 860 is getting pretty long in the tooth and I'm looking to upgrade to the Haswell-E line. I was hoping someone who knows the current market better could direct me to a good performing and STABLE motherboard.

I won't be overclocking outside of the "auto" overclock that the board might offer so a board with good capabilities to do so would also be preferred.

Thanks for helping!!

Ish

If there is a Microcenter, you can get a 5820K and an Asrock Extreme 4 combo for $500. Throw in another $300-$400 for ram.

In theory all X99 motherboards are high end and most of them have similar features. If you want to pick best board for you then check description and maybe some reviews to check what you need ( additional slots, ports, pcie layout etc ). Most of them will overclock CPU the same.

Back