• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Partitions... HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrustratedJP

I had installed an SSD (Samsung EVO 120GB) for my primary boot drive for Windows 7 64 Ultimate.
Once I installed the O/S, and booted to the drive, I added programs and checked my other drives to find the others were showing part of my files and not all the space was visible.

The HD's (WD 1TB 7200RPM) are partitioned. However, 1 is the full 1TB (931GB) while the other has several partitions, one with Windows 7 32bit, another with my music then Unallocated as well as Free Space that I had not formatted or done anything with as shown below:
Partition.jpg

I decided to remove the files from the 931GB partitioned HD hoping if I formatted it while I was in Windows 7 64 (The SSD) it would recognize the full space.... I was wrong :bang head
Partition2.png
As you can see, it doesn't show all of my space on either HD's. I don't know what to do.
All I wanted was to make my SSD the primary drive for my O/S and the other two HD's for storage with the full 931GB partition.

Please help, ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
You didn't install your OS to the SSD as intended. Did you attempt a fresh install or did you attempt to clone your old install to the new SSD?

A quick fix would be to format the SSD, remove the two spinners, and then perform a fresh install of the OS. Afterwards re-install the two HDDs and upon first boot, boot into BIOS and set the SSD as your 1st boot device, then select the others as secondary, etc.

And welcome to OCF ! :welcome:

I reformat drives under Linux from a usb drive or a dvd Ubuntu works fine for this, I've never had a problem doing it this way.

Back