• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aida64, not good, not good at all...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

So,

I started tweaking a bit the 4790K in sig yesterday.

Finished with a stable [email protected]/1.275v ([email protected]/1.33v, but temps a bit high for my liking...).

So, I ran Aida overnight (all tests), with no [email protected]/1.26v/85°C max/24°C Ambient (see pic taken after a bit less than one hour).

I said OK, will run a couple of Cinebench runs, and then... freeze/BSOD!

Same with P95, same with X264 stress test.

I had to increase vCore by 0.015v to get a "real" stable OC (CB11.5/P95/X264 stress test).

I must mention that it was exactly the same with my 3770k: it needed 0.015/0.02 extra vCore compared to Aida64 successfully run in either P95 or x264.

My point is that this software is useless for stress testing.
aida4.7.1.27.jpg

stress tests are stress tests, the only real test to find out if you are stable is to use the rig.
I always bump the voltages up a notch or two after stress testing and this has cured most of the ills I inflict on my rigs.

Yep, but having Aida passing all nighr test, and getting a freeze BSO in CB makes AIda really irrelevant IMO.

Yep, Aida is good at one thing only: memory benchmark, lol!

.015 and AIDA is deemed as not good? I can run through the suite of stress tests and find that difference. I wouldn't call it useless though.

That said, run FPU only and try again.

I did, and I just noticed I started EXACTLY the same thread 1 year ago and you gave me the very sale answer, lol! ;)

I mean, what's the point of a stress test that shows that your CPU is stable when you can not even complete a benchmark at these so called "stable" settings?

Its not running the AVX instruction sets by default I believe. But running FPU only will.

I use it pretty exclusively honestly. And its been rock solid for me for my PC uses.

AIDA is good also as stress test but there is no AVX/2 so new Prime95 or new XTU will show errors faster on new CPUs. Cache and memory stability tests are working good on Haswell or Haswell-E.
AIDA64 is generally great soft but CPU stress test is like 2 years behind. If you are testing stability then you should use couple of programs anyway. Best something like CPU stress and later mixed GPU+GPU+memory etc. I had many times situations that CPU was passing every test but while playing games I was getting CPU related errors.

On IB or IB-E everything tested by AIDA64 was working good in games and I'm not leaving stress tests for 24h. Usually it's 1-2h max. I'm not setting servers on that stuff so I don't care if PC will crash once per week ( well, it's not crashing at all but I wouldn't care much if it does ).

so if aida64 show a red screen and tell me has detected an error its not bad ?
i test all except HDD and has an error at 4 mins, then i stress all except Video card and hdd, no error in 10 min, i test only video card and no error in 10 min, seems that the problem only shows when i select all ... why is that ?

Back