• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RATCAST

Registered
Hey all so ive just had the Cooler master seidon 120v sent to me from Amazon, Ive installed it fine its working and all that good stuff.

My question is my temps dont seem to be much lover and fluctuate more then they did with the standard AMD cpu cooler.
Ill attatch some pics of what im running and temps from core temp 1.0rc6 CoreTemp-Scr.png Untitled.png

Full system specs please. The temperature sensors in the Fx chips are not accurate at idle, they are at load above around 40c. Therefore, idle temps whether it is the stock heatsink or an aftermarket one really doesn't mean anything.

I've got the same cooler and idles around 15-20 but like they said don't trust idle temps. Get a max temp reading and go from there. I have a write up on here of the 120v vs the thyper 212 evo also.

full specs are

Ausu MSA7BL/USB3
12 gb ddr 3 kingston hyper x RAM
hyper x dual ram fan
Avermedia live hd capture card
AMD Radeon HD 6670
AMD fx 8320 cpu
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
1tb hdd
500gb hdd
120gb hdd
650w psu
Cooler Master Silencio 550 Silent Tower Case
cooler master seidon 120v

Yea that's fine and with the way the ****ty mounting system is with this system you're certain all of those hold downs are tightened all the way down? If so try and get a max temp for us. This really isn't the greatest aio system. It just barely performed better than my hyper 212 evo air cooler. And that was on a 6350. The 8320 stays a little warmer

Download a program called prime95 and run the blend test for 20 min
And watch your temps, open Hwmonitor before you run prime. If the package temp or the Cpu temp exceeds 62c or 70c respectively, stop the test. Then post a screen shot of hwmonitor here so we can see.

And watch your temps, open Hwmonitor before you run prime. If the package temp or the Cpu temp exceeds 62c or 70c respectively, stop the test. Then post a screen shot of hwmonitor here so we can see.

SO after taking everyone advise i tighten up stuff switched stuff about, then ran the prime 45 test, at max my temps would not go over 45 no matter what and cooling itself back down to 27-29 inbetween each problom to solve, I think that is quite good as i know max temp for this chip is around 62 ish? Let me know guys Untitled.png

Not a problem man. Theres alot of knowledgeable guys on this site that can help with just about anything it seems

Back