• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't think this is going to end well. Asus P287Q 4k Monitor.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fugu

So, i've had this monitor for a while now but got an instore 2 year IPR warranty on it. I've used it for 4k Gaming and as my main desktop monitor.. It's had it's up's and downs and as of a few days ago it had a very big down!
This monitor is already my 2nd one with the first being returned after 1 week with a dead pixel. My ups and downs are actually a frequent issue with these monitors and it involves the popping and flickering that many forums and users are reporting (yet not a single youtube reviewer is noting). I recently bought an Asus 290x ROG Matrix-P video card to replace my 280X and get away from my Crossfire setup and stick with more solid single video card support. (Crossfire and VR don't work well , Crossfire isn't supported by the Racing Sim software I mainly use). So it made sense to step up and get this awesome card especially for the price. $509.00 cdn New, Retail price of $699.00

As soon as I plugged it in, it flickered and flashed on and off quickly and constantly. Completely unusable.

My system is the same as my Sig except for the 290x swapped out for the 280x. Drivers were latest Beta and the 14.3 / latest public release drivers. This only goes nuts running 2840x2160 at 60hz. Display port settings are enabled to the 1.2DP stream on the monitor and it is a proper 1.2DP cable.

The monitor and card (after owning it for 1 day!) are now at the Computer parts store waiting for a technician to bench test them to duplicate the problem. From there i'm not sure what to do about this... I feel like I'm gonna have a problem no matter what.

The monitor isn't returnable but can be replaced with a new one on the spot. The video card is returnable and replaceable but they have no stock whatsoever. What do I do (besides switching to a Geforce card) i'm lost and not sure how to pursue my next step.

4K requires a good quality cable. I had similar issues with my Seiki 50" and GTX 970 with a cheap cable. Changed it to a decent quality cable and it worked just fine.

So, i've had this monitor for a while now but got an instore 2 year IPR warranty on it. I've used it for 4k Gaming and as my main desktop monitor.. It's had it's up's and downs and as of a few days ago it had a very big down!
This monitor is already my 2nd one with the first being returned after 1 week with a dead pixel. My ups and downs are actually a frequent issue with these monitors and it involves the popping and flickering that many forums and users are reporting (yet not a single youtube reviewer is noting). I recently bought an Asus 290x ROG Matrix-P video card to replace my 280X and get away from my Crossfire setup and stick with more solid single video card support. (Crossfire and VR don't work well , Crossfire isn't supported by the Racing Sim software I mainly use). So it made sense to step up and get this awesome card especially for the price. $509.00 cdn New, Retail price of $699.00

As soon as I plugged it in, it flickered and flashed on and off quickly and constantly. Completely unusable.

My system is the same as my Sig except for the 290x swapped out for the 280x. Drivers were latest Beta and the 14.3 / latest public release drivers. This only goes nuts running 2840x2160 at 60hz. Display port settings are enabled to the 1.2DP stream on the monitor and it is a proper 1.2DP cable.

The monitor and card (after owning it for 1 day!) are now at the Computer parts store waiting for a technician to bench test them to duplicate the problem. From there i'm not sure what to do about this... I feel like I'm gonna have a problem no matter what.

The monitor isn't returnable but can be replaced with a new one on the spot. The video card is returnable and replaceable but they have no stock whatsoever. What do I do (besides switching to a Geforce card) i'm lost and not sure how to pursue my next step.

Whom do you have testing your gear? I hope you're not paying someone to do it, as they probably have no clue (aka Tiger Direct, Bestbuy clowns). As mentioned already it's all about the cable. If your monitor didn't come with a good DP cable that is correct for 60Hz than I'd try another one. Check my sig...my 4K came with the correct cable, but if they didn't give u one, and even if you think you have the right cable, try another one.

Back