• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.2 Beta Windows® Driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
Compatible Operating Systems

The latest version of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.2 Beta Driver is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:

Windows 8.1 (32-bit & 64-bit version)
Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.2 Windows® Beta Driver Performance Improvements

Mantle API activated for ultimate performance in Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™
Dual Graphics optimizations for KritiKa and SheDiaoZero
Project Cars profile update

Resolved Issues

Alien: Isolation: AMD CrossFire™ profile updated to detect new .exe of recent application patch
[404762]: Total War: Rome 2 sometimes displaying texture corruption when on the campaign map in CrossFire™ configurations
[400500]: Total War: Rome 2 occasionally stutters when task switching between applications
[406501]: Watch Dogs occasionally has negative performance in CrossFire™ configurations on medium game settings
[402840]: Max Payne 3 cinematic cut scenes intermittently show flickering
[403798]: FIFA 2015 CrossFire™ scaling sometimes underperforming expectations
[401984]: Metro Redux CrossFire™ scaling sometimes underperforming expectations
[397343]: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor occasionally shows flashing when running CrossFire™ configurations
[406978]: White patches occasionally observed in CCC when dragging display icons
[406997]: Upgrading from previous 14.4 Catalyst™ drivers with dual AMD Radeon™ R9 295 in CrossFire™ may cause a black screen or system hang

Known Issues

[407993]: F1 2014 exhibits minimal scaling in some CrossFire™ configurations
[407864]: Hitman Absolution intermittently crashes when starting a new game on AMD Radeon R9 285
[407834]: FIFA 2015 occasionally displays flickering in Asymmetric CrossFire™ configurations
[407622]: Alien Isolation will sometimes exhibit screen tearing with V-Sync enabled
[407431]: Minecraft sometimes produces corruption when changing video settings in windowed mode. As a work around please select Use VBOs to On in the Video Settings in game.
[407338]: XDMA Quad CrossFire™ configurations in portrait Eyefinity modes sometimes display tearing or stuttering
[407756]: Launching Battlefield 4 in offline mode can occasionally lead to a crash
[408033]: Launching Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ with a 144 Hz display can sometimes cause the app to hang. As a work around lower the refresh rate of the monitor.
[408007]: Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ can sometimes hang on a small limited set of Kaveri mobile APU products when paired with discrete graphics products in Windows 7

Important Notes

AMD is currently working with Firaxis to resolve an issue where the interactive and visual elements of the mouse cursor can become offset. If you encounter this issue, the following workaround is available:

Go to Windows Settings and adjust Text Scaling

Right-Click the Desktop
Select Screen Resolution
Make Test and Other Items Larger or Smaller
Set 100% Default

AMD is working with Firaxis to resolve an issue where graphics stuttering may be observed under high map zoom and high image quality settings.

Multi-monitor gaming in Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™
Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ does not support multi-monitor configurations. Launching the game in such configurations may cause the game to hang.

Multi-GPU in Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™

Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ presently supports a maximum of two graphics cards in Mantle. If you are using more than two graphics products with Mantle for this game, it is required that disable the extra linked adapters through Windows device manager.

Catalyst 14.9.2 Beta Release Notes & Download Links

Driver install ended up not working properly for me.

very odd these last 3 drivers from AMD .
install issues out the ying yang.

if AMD ever wants to get rid of this "AMD makes terrible driver's " reputation they really need to hire better coders /programmers to make more seamless drivers that don't have issues just installing the damn things.

I removed my 14.9's and installed the 14.9.2's and it showed up as 14.7's in the darn catalyst control panel.

So i removed them and ran driver sweeper and then i got graphical errors and lockups trying to install them again kinda like the 14.9's did the first time.

only difference was this time i had remembered to set Afterburner to default and turn off Crossfire so i'm not sure whats going on.

Like i said amd needs to get some better people on this driver programming.

I've been giving Amd My solid GPU support for 3 generations now but my patients with them in this the 2xx series is running thin.

the 7970 and 6950/70 series i bought i loved/love those series cards.

update **
just installed the 14.9.1's off their site also.

and my Driver version is saying 14.301.1004-141004a-176493E

Both the 14.7 and the 14.3 were never ever installed on this windows install ..

it was fresh starting with 14.9

so yea i dont get this at all.

Last edited:
update **
just installed the 14.9.1's off their site also.

and my Driver version is saying 14.301.1004-141004a-176493E

Both the 14.7 and the 14.3 were never ever installed on this windows install ..

it was fresh starting with 14.9

so yea i dont get this at all.

Which is the correct AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version number as per Catalyst 14.9.1 Beta Release Notes

14.9.1.png

Back