• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for new

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RATCAST

Registered
hey all so im looking to upgrade my current bored, I have a Asus MSA7BL/ USB3 at present and am looking to upgrade, I have around £130 to use so nothing to fancy. any advise would be much appreciated

i have the amd fx 8320 atm but will be upgradeing that to the AMD FX-9590 in the new year. and tbh im not sure on the benifits of upgrading as new to all this but thought i could use one

Save your money. The 9xxx series isn't worth upgrading to, and even a 8320 to 8350 upgrade isn't worth it. Upgrading you board isn't really worth it either unless you're intending on overclocking, in which case your $130 won't get you the boards you'll need.

keep your cpu, do not upgrade that.
save some more money and get an asus sabertooth, anything less will be a waste of money.

Additionally do not even attempt to run a Fx 9590 on the current board you have if you decided to upgrade to it. That said I feel the 9590 is a waste anyway, you can most likely with really good cooling, get the 8320 to at least 4.8 if you OCed it. Though you will need a quality board like C/D suggested to do so.

Back