• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing diameter versus loop length

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bartmole

I understand that there is no issue with tubing size in a regular loop but what if the loop were 10'-14' with, at least, 2 360 rads cooling a CPU , VGA and the CPU overclocked and would 1 variable speed 655 be adequate, I prefer 3/8" but can find no info on this? Also, I'm interested in the dual bay Alphacool Repack with pump, Monsoon dual bay with pump or the Koolance RP with pump but am very concerned with noise levels with pump and res mounted in the case, anyone using 1 of these, thanks?

There isnt going to be any significant flow difference between 1/2 and 3/8 even at that length, and rads are not restrictive. Any pump in bays will be noisier because harder to decouple in bay.

In my personal preference, one the best reservoir/pump dual bay combo is the Monsoon Series Two. Some of the bay reservoirs from Koolance sometimes have issues with priming and bleeding. Alphacool's reservoirs look too plain for my liking. Its up to you with who you want to go with.

As for the pumps being silent, D5s are known to be more quiet than DDCs so you should be fine there. You usually go for two pumps if your loops is complex (restrictive) and or want added redundancy (security).

Overall you should be fine.

Some of the bay reservoirs from Koolance sometimes have issues with priming and bleeding.
I can attest to that GTX JB, it seemed to take forever to get my Koolance Rp 452X2 bled.

Back