• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metro Redux: better graphics, but low res textures?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I played Metro 2033, but never got Metro Last Light. I gave away Metro 2033 (anyone still remember when you could
do that w/video games?) and was considering buying the Metro Redux pack to play Metro Last Light. I've read
contradictory statements about Metro Redux, one that says it has updated graphics (that's how it's being marketed
as well) but then I've reviews that state it has low res, non-HD textures (unlike the original games). The smallish download
image size of Metro Redux kinda leads me to believe the rumor that it does use low res textures.

So should I buy the original, unbundled Metro Last Light, or the Metro Redux version?

I played 2033 and LL on PC, loved both. The redux thing is a bundling of the two and better graphics for consoles, I don't think theres any visual increase on PC.

I played 2033 and LL on PC, loved both. The redux thing is a bundling of the two and better graphics for consoles, I don't think theres any visual increase on PC.

I had read PC gamers were complaining about a decrease in texture resolution on the PC versions of Metro Redux (i.e. that
the texture resolutions were non-HD).

Back