• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Racing game for Gran Turismo/Forza experience on PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Can someone recommend a racing game that is recent and has good graphics and plays more sim than arcade without being 100% sim and feels like GT or Forza?
On sale would be even better.

Got a 580 1.5GB and a 2600K.

I would check for updates for project CARS, I can't remember the release date but I think it's going to be soon.

Iracing is probably too much simulation for what you are looking for.

It is 10 years old now but rFactor is still a great sim. rFactor2 is like iRacing, pay as you play.

+1 for Autosport.

Also look at Dirt 3 and the F1 series. They're not what you're looking for, but they are incredible games.

I'll try this one next week, waiting for the Intel coupon (bundled with the 4790k).

But I NEED a decent wheel!

+1 for Autosport.

Also look at Dirt 3 and the F1 series. They're not what you're looking for, but they are incredible games.

F1 is too fast, too grippy and too monotonous for me. I have Dirt 3 and I find the Gymkhana nonsense totally ruins it. Didn't much enjoy that game at all. Tossed it after about 2 weeks.

I'll try this one next week, waiting for the Intel coupon (bundled with the 4790k).

But I NEED a decent wheel!

Fanatec CSR with the Elite pedals.

F1 is too fast, too grippy and too monotonous for me. I have Dirt 3 and I find the Gymkhana nonsense totally ruins it. Didn't much enjoy that game at all. Tossed it after about 2 weeks.

If you don't like F1 then you must be playing on a controller.

Fanatec CSR with the Elite pedals.

If you don't like F1 then you must be playing on a controller.

I've never played F1 on PC. I just know that F1 games I've played in the past weren't my cup of tea. I like things like body roll and what not. Can't get that with F1. My fav simu-racing is in cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. That's where it's at for me. A lot more fun than racing a Formula 1 car IMO.

I've never played F1 on PC. I just know that F1 games I've played in the past weren't my cup of tea. I like things like body roll and what not. Can't get that with F1. My fav simu-racing is in cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. That's where it's at for me. A lot more fun than racing a Formula 1 car IMO.

You need a wheel.

I would check for updates for project CARS, I can't remember the release date but I think it's going to be soon.

Delayed till 2015......

Project CARS will be coming to the Playstation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, WiiU & PC, starting March 17th in the United States and March 20th in Europe.

So if I want to buy now, it's GRID Autosport? That's my only real choice?

What's the customization like? Can you buy a car, tweak it out, then sell it, then buy a better car, like in Gran Turismo? Gradually working your way up to a supercar? Then F1? How does it work. Need some splaining before dropping $40+ on this mofo.

There isn't really a good game that I know of like that for the PC. There should be a ton of videos showing what the game is like; I don't have the time to explain it in detail, sorry.

Need for speed. Let's you customize your ride, upgrade it, and save up for new ones. Start with cheap cars like Mazda 3, and eventually make your way up to supercars, like lambos, Konigsigifigigigigig (cause nobody knows how to spell that), etc.
but maybe too arcadeish?

Need for Speed Shift 1&2 were more Gran Turismo-ish, along with Pro Street, don't know for sure how the graphics are, didn't have a good card when I was playing them. I'm waiting to get a racing game until I get a G25 or G27 wheel, every other wheel I've tried I hated, but I've wanted one of those since they came out years ago... Brother has one on his PS3 with Gran Turismo, and though I'm not a Gran Turismo guy, I love playing on the wheel, I'm more into the older NFS, Underground 1&2 were my fav's, but Carbon had some nice features, MW was ok, and there was another I liked quite a bit, but I'm drawing a blank...
All the NFS games, other than the new Hot Pursuit, and Rivals had a lot of customization options, but most are more arcady.

Back