• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX XTR650 vs EVGA NEX650G1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeviantV1ral

Today I went to Micro Center to buy a UPS. i've been eyeing a Seasonic G-650 for a little while now, so i I thought I would take a look at their selections.

I bought the EVGA because I was told it was a super flower. Well I went home and just now decided to look it up -___-

according to this, http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-psu-brands,3762-6.html it is actually an FSP. I went further and put in the UL number (e355174) for the actual product and came up with it registered to EVGA.

does EVGA make their own products now? Any reviews on it?

the other option is to just go ahead and return it and get an XFX, from my understanding it is a Seasonic. I do not have the UL number so I can't look it up for sure.

what would you guys recommend? I have Micro Center, Tiger Direct, and Frys in my metroplex. Budget is around $100 with rebates.

currently running it on a q6600 with an r7 260x. I've been having some slight artifacts while gaming, so I'm looking into a new power supply.

It is also to prepare the computer for a Haswell and 760 Ti upgrade.

Thanks.

an update, I returned it and got an EVGA 750G2! system power draw went down by 30W idle and 50W under load. I rarely hit 300W total load now. plus it sleeps and wakes correctly now.

its a testament to get a proper PSU

I did a similar thing, purchased an NZXT Hale 90 850W for an outrageously low price of $80 only to find when I received it, it was the FSP built V2 rather than the Superflower version... I was going to RMA but, I figured the price was right plus, I haven't used a Fortron Built PSU in quite awhile so... (I still haven't used it, it's a backup). I really wish they would rename the models a little clearer when they change manufacturers (even if the design is the same)

Must have have an absolutely ancient amd horrifically inefficient psu to have it drop 50w on load and get 300w...

Keep the evga g2... Look up the jonnyguru reviews on it (gets a 9.9 os something).

Back