• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm New, Need Help Building Gaming PC!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076&cm_re=GTX_970-_-14-487-076-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500362&cm_re=GTX_970-_-14-500-362-_-Product

Those are the only two 970's in stock @ the egg right now for US customers. Either one will be fine. You can pretty much like the one you like the looks of best, especially if you aren't overclocking it.

Just FYI they are selling R9 290's (similar performance level to 970) for $230 on the Egg. Do I suggest it? No. It runs hot and draws a crapload of juice. But if you want to save $100, I thought you should be aware. I still recommend a 970. The best 970 for overclocking is the Gigabyte G1 and the quietest is ASUS Strix if you want to try to track one down. Out of stock at the Egg. I've heard of them reaching 1500MHZ boost clock (the G1)!!

Why is that entire line good overclockers and not subject to the silicon lottery like every other brand?

Why is that entire line good overclockers and not subject to the silicon lottery like every other brand?

Look around the interwebs. Gigabyte is obviously binning the GPUs for it's G1 cards as they are consistently posting bad @SS overclocks compared to other 970s. The price is very competitive too.

1500MHz on a 970? Pretty easy.

My 980 runs 1405MHz boost at completely stock settings...

From reviews. Google "gtx 970 review". ;)

I'm also hitting 1480 boost clock on a 980. I will break 1500 with it too. :)

oops_swim.jpeg

Oops. Have I been getting misinformation from the keyboards of 15 year olds again?

BTW congrats on your kick @ss GPU, ATM. I plan to join you with 2 of those mafks in a couple of months.

Dino's review sample ran 1404MHz completely stock, not sure it's as much "kick @SS" as it is "normal".

Back