• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox One Available for $349 Starting November 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
Group_ThreeBundles_StackB_hires.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

Details

I'm still not ready to purchase a new console. I've been a console gamer all my life, but when I built my PC, I'm not sure I'd ever go back. I do miss playing on Live with my friends sometimes though, but I'm slowly converting them as well ;)

Pretty impressive for that to happen that quickly for them to drop another $50 off, I'm betting their sales are really not doing well compared to PS4.

No harsh feelings one way or the other, I hope for a ton of sales for both consoles as competition drives the market.

It's all-or-nothing time for Xbox. They really can't afford to be embarrassed two Christmases in a row. (The investors wouldn't stand for it.)

Personally I'm with bamato: I don't think either of the new consoles is ready for prime time. Although if I had to get one it would be the Xbox One. And that just for Killer Instinct.

I'm a fighting game guy and... just like the beginning of last generation... there's practically NONE on the new console. There's injustice, Killer Instinct, and that's it.

Meanwhile I invested a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money in my PS3 fighting game library. I have everything AND a fighting stick (which... to date... is not supported by the PS4.)

So a lot will have to change for me to get a new console. And by then the prices will be even lower. (Probably $250 by the time I'm ready to buy.)

There's LOTS of people in the same boat though... so it's going to be interesting to see if Microsoft's deals are enough to attract those people... or if they'll just take that $350 and get an iPad Mini Air instead...

Looks like skullgirls on ps4 will support PS3 fight sticks, or at least some:
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/25/lab-zero-reveals-driver-to-make-ps3-fight-sticks-work-with-ps4/

Oh THAT's cool... Hopefully other fighting game makers will follow suit, because it just doesn't make any sense that you wouldn't be able to use those sticks. They're USB.

Anyway I've already got Skullgirls on PS3... and I rarely played it there. I do like when game publishers take the initiative though. Like when Tony Hawk 3 became the first game to make their own PS2 network adapter drivers. (And BOY do I miss the first 3 Tony Hawk games...)

I'm still not ready to purchase a new console. I've been a console gamer all my life, but when I built my PC, I'm not sure I'd ever go back. I do miss playing on Live with my friends sometimes though, but I'm slowly converting them as well ;)

Don't go back! I don't have to tell you all the reasons PC gaming is better, because you already know. You have a 7970 so you're significantly more powerful than a console. Better CPU too.
Don't do it! If anything get a Wii U for Uber awesome Nintendexclusives like Mario 3D world, 2D mario, 2D luigi, Mario Kart 8, Windwaker HD, Smash Bros, etc etc. Sure, the graphics are no better than what Xbox 360 was packing 9 years ago, but you don't buy Nintendo systems for the graphics. That was a one-off (N64) and it hasn't happened again.

^Still playing Mario Kart on a SNes emulator!

And Dolphin is great for GameCube/Wii: High res gaming and Wii remote bluetooth compatibility!

I still have a DS Lite. To me that was the greatest thing Nintendo ever did. This was pre-tablet mind you... They showed that there was still an interest in simpler, but more incredible games. Mario Kart, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Professor Layton, and on and on and on...

I have all the games and I'll never get tired of playing them. I'm on my third DS-Lite now and this one I'm never going to sell. But if it ever broke down for whatever reason, I'd just buy another one.

Once Apple picked up on the idea it was pretty much game over for the big consoles. I have a pal at the mall down the street, and just looking at the Xbox One... it's so ridiculously gigantic that it makes me laugh.

I still have a DS Lite. To me that was the greatest thing Nintendo ever did. This was pre-tablet mind you... They showed that there was still an interest in simpler, but more incredible games. Mario Kart, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Professor Layton, and on and on and on...

I have all the games and I'll never get tired of playing them. I'm on my third DS-Lite now and this one I'm never going to sell. But if it ever broke down for whatever reason, I'd just buy another one.

Once Apple picked up on the idea it was pretty much game over for the big consoles. I have a pal at the mall down the street, and just looking at the Xbox One... it's so ridiculously gigantic that it makes me laugh.

It's not the size of the hammer, but rather the nail you're swinging it at. So what if the XBone is huge? Doesn't bother me at all. Only thing that bothers me about that console is the sheisty DDR3 where they should have used DDR5... so it'll never be as good as PS4. Even with the $50 rebate, I'd never buy an XBone. It's inferior. If I bought a console I'd buy a WiiU for casual gaming and keep my PC for hardcore gaming.

Yeah, to be honest, the only console I'm interested in is the WiiU at this point. I play my shooters with a mouse, and Nintendo's ecosystem has the best non-shooting games.

Well some places are offering $100-150 for trade in on a working console to get the XBOne.

Personally mixed feelings owning a X360 originally. I wanted a PS4, got a XBO first, works great and plays great IMO. Then got a PS4. While some things are great on the PS4 I still seem to prefer the XBO over the PS4 if push comes to shove. I do have a lot of PS only games and they are great. The PSO is ok, the free games are leaps and bounds better than XBL's. The online service for XBL though is a much more stable system than PSO.

Recently got a slew of games or will be getting a bunch. 3 for XBO and 2 for PS4, all but 1 was a cross console game and that is for the PS4.

How can you like the Xbone better than PS4? Sure, nicer controller, but the thing has DDR3. It's living in the past.

GDDR5 vs DDR3. Eeeh
Really just because memory doesn't match doesn't turn me off of the system. The online portion is much better on Xbox imo. Controller is nicer, longer battery life with it. Resolution aside or even fps I haven't noticed it in the games I play.

One thing that I think Xbox live could take from the PlayStation right now is the automatic downloading of updates. Would make game playing that much easier if everything was updated when I wanted to play it.

PS4 does have the better gpu. I give it that for sure. So there is some graphical advantage in some titles. Though it seems to be narrowing which is good for Xbox, ok from the PS4 side of things. Really I don't think it would affect them at all. Just less reviews brining it up all the time.

Right now I've probably spend an equal amount of time on each system. Maybe a little more on the Xbox but overall 50/50 time split.

Another side note PS4 boots so much quick from totally off to on than the Xbox. That is nice, as I really have no need to keep it in rest mode. Xbox I could see more of a reason to but I still turn mine off every time.

That's not a bad deal at all really, I have a modded ps3 sitting here collecting dust.

Softmodded, never been opened and it powers on.

Now all I need is an excuse to buy one as my gaming time has decreased a lot with the little one and I already have a ps4.

Softmodded, never been opened and it powers on.

Now all I need is an excuse to buy one as my gaming time has decreased a lot with the little one and I already have a ps4.

A friend of mine just LOANED me his Xbox One (he doesn't play it... NOBODY ever plays it.)

I downloaded Killer Instinct and the demo for EA Sports UFC. Those games are nice. The new interface sucks and they did a poor job transferring over your previously downloaded content. (XBLA games like Bastion and Double Dragon and all that SHOULD work... but they don't. I guess you're just not supposed to ever play those again.)

I dunno... I'd only be interested once they made the damned system smaller. Right now it's just ridiculous.

But I do like Killer Instinct... even though there's nothing to it. Arcade mode, online, versus mode (vs cpu or cpu vs cpu) and that's it. No awesome story mode like Mortal Kombat, no cool things to unlock like Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

I like it... but I like the games I already have on PS3 more.

That said I'll probably buy the Ultre Edition just to have classic Killer Instinct and the first 8 characters when ultimately the price goes down to $150 and the system is smaller. (Also UFC is on sale for 20 bucks this week. Might pick that up as well.)

Back