• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox One Available for $349 Starting November 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A little premature to be making a call like that......

I personally think your going to see a rise in Xbox sales.

(Not really concerned either way. Been out of the console side of things bout 15 years now;))

I think we may see the xbox outsell the ps4 in the states this holiday season. With the price drop and with Halo coming out + the beta access to Halo 5, it may be a lot closer than last year.

I think we may see the xbox outsell the ps4 in the states this holiday season. With the price drop and with Halo coming out + the beta access to Halo 5, it may be a lot closer than last year.

I don't see it happening. MS already ignited the fury in its customers who initially bought the XBONE at an inflated price with the Kinect (that was forced on those consumers). It's still an inferior box to the PS4 in many ways. It's also a big ugly brick. I don't think anything can save it at this point.

Well picked up my Xbox One today (traded in the PS3 that I haven't used for years) got mine for $200

Went to target to take advantage of their B2G1 deal and got Halo: Master Chief Collection, Forza Horizon 2, and CoD:AW that I will be trading for Sunset Overdrive when they get another copy in.

I have been out of consoles since I got a PS3 at launch and sold it to a friend of mine so I would not have to tote it along when I moved in 2009. I am seriously considering an xbox one for my manroom, getting an external hdd for some extra terabytes and then playing on my new 32 in smart tv i just got. I have a question and hope you don't think im hijacking the thread :D How does the LIVE work now ? DO I have to pay for LIVE in order to just play single player games by myself ? DO I need LIVE full time ? Or can I just buy some LIVE time if I feel like playing some MP games ? As I said been awhile :D

Ok, update to post, I just bought an xbox one, the Assassins Creed bundle and a 1 year xbox live card for 389.00 , I used my Amazon store card and the 6 month financing. I am so compulsive when buying things :D LOL

Last edited:
Just curious, why XBONE and not PS4? Did you do it for GOW, Halo, etc? Forza? Are you a fan of Xbox franchises?

Already owned a ps4 (got it on launch day). I like the halo games well enough, forza is my favorite of the more recent racing titles, and I figured I would end up buying one eventually. May as well do it while the trade-in for $150 was still around. All things considered I paid $160 for an XB1 (sold the bundled games for $40 at [H]).

Overall the system is fine, the dashboard interface is awful (very unintuitive to navigate), playing through the original halo campaign while I have time and it's a lot longer than I remember years ago. Will probably do some multiplayer at some point.

Overall the system is fine, the dashboard interface is awful (very unintuitive to navigate), playing through the original halo campaign while I have time and it's a lot longer than I remember years ago. Will probably do some multiplayer at some point.

All games used to be a lot longer back then. I remember the original Unreal seemed to be
the never ending game. It's too bad fan-made maps seem to be nothing
more than a memory outside of Valve titles.

Back