• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

980 Classified - Overclocking on Air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder how many samples it took to reach that... And also what the real boost clocks are on top of it.

More than likley these will be the best 980's availible.

maybe 2000+ cold

ready for a KPE 980ti with evbot support

1.3V 1585MHz ... for me it looks like an average GTX980 result unless it boosts at 1650+ ( and looking at the screenshot 1585MHz is already boost value ). If it's scalling like GTX970 then I wouldn't count on more. Maybe it will be good on cold but I think that all who are preparing for something big will wait till GTX980Ti or whatever it will be called.

I wish to see any result with higher boost clock and stable clocks under full load. Regular cards have max boost table limited to about 1520MHz but can be overclocked higher. In real my GTX970 at 1.3V without bigger changes to other settings can make also ~1585MHz.

Last edited:
This card on air is a moot point, You need to look at what Vince is doing with this as opposed to eVGA's air testing.
These cards rarely pay dividends using ambient solutions

Vince is @ 2100+, we should see some results posted at the Bot upon release

It's great but some other GTX980 like ASUS Strix have not much worse results on LN2. 2nd score is at all .. 25MHz lower clock.

Yea, card is beastly in the correct environment

Air not being one of them :)

Edit:

Hard to tell if they are using TIN's vMods on the cards rolling at 2050 ?

but many of the top guys are posting in his thread at KPC

This card is a game changer until the Ti is released as MSI is sitting this one out and waiting for a Ti chip for their flagship

Last edited:
EVBot support? Sounds like superbg needs a 980 Classy! :p

I would be happy to see that price in Europe. Here we can count on about $850 and it's about normal price for Classified as I remember from last series. 780Ti Classified in local stores cost ~$910.

Back