• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphic card upgrade recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrathb

my pc currently has a Radeon 6670 i can finally afford to upgrade it
i have a budget of around 250 and i have been looking at the Radeon 7990 6gb and the 7970
but i dont know much about Nvidia and alot of review site have different opinions and i have no idea i been out of loop on gpu for a few years tbh

was wondering if anyone who knew more about graphics card recommend a good future proof card that will last me a long time

pc has 8gb ram (2x4gb sticks) ddr3
xfx 850W psu black core edition
gigabyte 990fxa ud7 motherboard and amd x6 3.2 ghz cpu

7990 for $250? Where?!!

What resolution are you gaming on? I'm assuming 1080p so for that I would look at a 280x or 7970 or a used R9 290 would be preferred.

250 Pound sterling
see them on ebay sometimes with no bids

so si that a really good price for them coz i looked on net and it said they was discontinued for the R9 series

What is your usage?

Assuming gaming:
What games?
What resolution?
What refresh rate?

Ahh... 250 pound sterling... this is a US based site... but we can of course still help!!!

1. Fill out your location so we know you are not US
2. What ATMINSIDE and I both need
3. A website you can order from so we can link you.

Not sure of the exchange
Possibly a 970 would do?

The mv cards are strong despite their narrow bus width

My usage?

gaming and Films
What games? Dead rising 3 space engineers Dow x rebirth x3 terran conflict saints row 4 etc got over 100 games on steam
What resolution? currently 1600x900 but can adapt to different if need be
What refresh rate? 60hz

im in UK doncaster south yorkshire
i dont mind ordering from the US as long as postage doesnt cost a bomb

i can use
ebay
currys/ pc world
scan.co.uk
amazon
ebuyer
etc

250 british pounds is around 400 us dollars according to google currency converter

i use my tv for my monitor it 32 inch lcd hd
getting a better tv for xmas tho when sales are on

whats a good resolution to plan on i just use 1600x900 coz it fit my tv screen fine

It depends on the resolution of the tv...

I thought you were referring to your monitor/tv being 1600x900, not the game setting.

i love my space sims
no idea what resolution my tv can handle it was free from my nan so didnt come with a box or anything cant even see tv model as its attached to my wall

i like my 6670 gpu has been very good no issues at al
but time to upgrade when i can find a decent enough card in my budget

Back