• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ga 78 lmt s2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nagash1994

First, this processador and motherboard in turbo boost staying 3.5 @ 3.8, but more in 3.5 i don't know.
How a iniciate overcloking in this mobo with fx 6300?
My cooler Blizzard T2 and Tower Cooler Master 690 Advanced II with cooler Blizzard T2 and Power supply PSH 750VE
How i'm iniciating overclock?
I changed multiplier and set 4.1, i disabled all C6, Power Shutdown, temp staying of 50C but after 15 and 20 minutes my computer restart:shock:
I want only overclock for 4.1, only.

The problem is your Motherboard. There's no way you'll be able to overclock to those speeds on a 3 phase board. Just isn't going to happen.

wow

Thanks for your comentary. But, about my CPU staying 3.5 and 3.8 and 3.0. Its normal because motherboard is low for my processor? :shock:

The turbo function on the AMD CPUs is only active under certain circumstances and doesn't use all cores. 3.5 is the base frequency and will be the one you see most often. This is normal behaviour. The 3.0 comes from having power savings options active and the CPU slows down when not needing full speed.

Everything "Johan" says above...

...about TurboCore moving the cpu speed around on some of the cores if the Load and the Heat on the processor meet certain parameters. If that weak board cannot enable HPC and disable APM, then if you set a single speed and try to run it, the result will likely be crash or reboot or similar. Board not really up for pushing an FX-6300 6 core processor with ALL 6 cores enabled as when overclocking with TurboCore disabled.

Plus this is not going to cool an FX-6300 nearly enough for any amount of overclock.
RGone...

CM BlizzT2.jpeg

But this 3.0 that have here staying when i'm using prime95. A multiplier down for 15 in rare momments of 1 second. Thats be fine the temps and voltage's?

Untitled.png

We don't use that Monitor software in here but looking at it...it seems temps and voltages okay right now.
RGone...ster.

If it's doing that running P95 then the board is throttling the CPU to save it's own skin. If it were me and my parts I wouldn't push anything on that board untill you replace it. If the motherboard gives up and pops it can take just about the whole PC with it if it's so inclined. Meaning you can lose CPU, RAM, HDD, AND GFX card. I would recommend you get an ASUS M5A 99 or a Gigabyte 970A UD3P like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128651. Lookk at the pictures and to the left of the CPU socket you'll see the power section under tha heatsink and compare it to the board you're using right now. You'll see whay we're saying your board is inadequate.

Alright Johan, i can buy this mobo a few weeks because i live im brazil and this price is very good but in brazil let me see... 155 USD more transport for my residence.
This is a great mobo? ASUS Micro ATX p/ AMD AM3+ 140W M5A78L-M/USB3 ?? Or this GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P?

Ya that's pricy . One thing you can check in the BIOS look for an option called HPC in the advanced section under CPU options. If it has that I would try enabling it and see if that stops it. It may not be OCP throttling now that I get a better look since that usually drops things into the 1400 range.

EDIT: I just checked your manual and doesn't appear you have any of the options that may actually help you out in this circumstance. One thing that may work is using AMD Overdrive to disable turbo mode. It works on other boards but maybe not this one.

Not the ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3. Not robust enough.
The GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P? will be much better suited and probably about as cheap as you'll get for an AMD FX CPU.

Last edited:
Fine. I can purchase this mobo? ASUS Micro ATX p/ AMD AM3+ 140W M5A78L-M/USB3 Staying here a good price. Can be?

M5A78L-M/USB3 << Not better than what you have already!!!

...This is pic of that board you keep talking of buying as it is cheap. But it is no better than what you have for overclocking an FX processor. Not really anyway.

CheapAsus Mobo.jpeg

RGone...ster.

Last edited:
Go with the gigabyte 970 ud3p it will over clock the fx just fine it is what I use and I've got my 6350 stable at 4.8ghz

Sorry guys, i only found this in my country
Motherboard GigaByte AMD AM3/AM3+ DDR3 GA-970A-DS3P

Just be fine?

You have to do what your money will let you do...

...but there is little we can do if you want to try and overclock SO cheap of a motherboard. Might run stock. Maybe.

1. >Cons: Heat sinks are not sturdy on t bridges, came in DoA, Seemed flimsy

2. >Cons: Dead on Arrival. No built in display adapter, video card only. This actually matters if things go wrong.

Other Thoughts: If an item is DOA it gets 1 star. If DOA is rare then it's rating won't suffer much. Looking through the other reviews it seems that this is a shoddy product. Be prepared to return and/or deal with warranties and/or just part with your money.

3. >Cons: I bought it as an upgrade in preparation for the new school year. Worked fine until today, where I plugged in a flash drive, and it died on me. I'm beyond angry, and in such a stressful situation now because of this.

4. >Cons: Put all of my computer together and then tried to turn it on and then nothing happens except my front fan led's come on and then go off in a split second. There is no beeps, sound, or nothing. No display on the monitor. There is no physical damage that i can see, so it has to be a defect or something else. So i'm sending it back, if any can give some advice it would be nice of you. Thanks Gigabyte :(

Other Thoughts: Don't buy this piece of juck, look at the ratings, ALWAYS

5. >Cons: Was DOA. Spent the day putting together my computer only to find out something wasn't working, tried a backup graphics card and RAM to make sure that wasnt the problem, I knew it was either my CPU (which is quite rare), or my motherboard. I ended up getting a full refund from newegg thankfully as they have fantastic customer service, and purchased another Gigabyte MoBo (990 chipset) which was much more sturdy and had more room for expansion. It was $50 more but IMO it was plenty worth it, I was wrong to cheap out on my motherboard to begin with.

Other Thoughts: I am not saying this product is bad, I just didn't get the chance to use mine so I cannot give this a good review.

That is five (5) pretty bad cons (against) against the GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P and that is five not so happy customers out of the first 10 reviewers at NewEgg. I did not go thru the next 10 customer reviewers.

Sale site in the UK. 9 customer reviews.

1. > Anyway on the whole this is a great motherboard the UEFI dual bios its full of features, in hindsight I would of spent the extra 20-30 on the UD3P model which seems to be similar but a higher spec.
ONE THING this board ISNT TOO GOOD for OCing your CPU altho I have my 8GB of Corsair 1600 LP black set at 1866MHZ (Max speed CPU can support) and everything is fine and also my GPU OCed. Just CPU wise its not really an OCing board.

2. > I bought this board after plumping for a an FX-8320K CPU and was very disappointed. It has all the options to overclock in the bios, but not the juice to carry it off at a reasonably stable rate, even at slight OC's.

3. > Nothing too special but for the price it works brilliantly and should overclock a little but don't expect huge overclocks from it, the bios is a little outdated but it has a lot of features and plenty of internal and external IO.
If you are on a budget or you are not looking to overclock a lot this is perfect board and it also looks good.

Five out of the first 10 customer reviews at NewEgg in Usa say it is not good for their money.

Three out of 9 customers that reviewed on etailer site in the Uk say it is surely not for overclocking.

So you buy too cheap a mobo, there is little to NO overclock going to happen and nothing we can help you with about an overclock since it might damage the board in the long run and even fail and take out ram or cpu or some other part with it. Get it only if you cannot buy a better board which you should get if you plan on doing any overclock at all.
RGone...

Let me se my options now
GA-970A-D3P
GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0 AM3+ Box
ASRock p/ AMD 980DE3/U3S3 AM3+ DDR3 Box
ASUS Micro ATX p/ AMD AM3+ 140W M5A78L-M/USB3
ASUS ATX p/ AMD AM3+ 125W M5A78L LE

Because in Brazil price is very high in comparation EUA. I'm not joking! 3x price more impost and more and more and MORE MORE MORE impost. Now, i don't need Overclock more, i can going in my choose above enjoy 4.1 Mhz? Because my motherboard limited to 3.5. Sorry guys, but brazil ****ing me every day.

What you "can buy" is really not getting us anywhere...

...You will lucky if you get a mobo that does not throttle and can be run as AMD intended with no overclock to speak of and actually just using AMD TurboCore to speed up cores if the load is not too great and the heat is not too high.

GA-970A-D3P >> 4+1 VRM but it has heatsinks on the mosfets of the VRMs. It is larger ATX mobo so more size to help get rid of heat.

GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0 AM3+ Box >> mATX smaller than ATX so can run hotter.
Is 4+1 VRM with heatsinks on the VRM. Maybe. Still certainly not an overclocker, when you start working in bios to get 4.1Ghz and have ALL the cores running.

ASRock p/ AMD 980DE3/U3S3 AM3+ DDR3 Box >> 4 + 1 VRMs and no VRM heat sinks.

ASUS Micro ATX p/ AMD AM3+ 140W M5A78L-M/USB3 >> No better than the one below just is in mATX format which is even smaller and hotter than the one below.

ASUS ATX p/ AMD AM3+ 125W M5A78L LE >> that board has a 3+1 phase board I highly recomend you not over clock it you run a very high risk of frying it. It is only rated for 95watt cpu and the minute you try and overclock it may go nuts.

After typing into g00gle the board name and adding "review", none of the boards above would I buy for a 6 core FX-6300 and any real overclock. However it seems that the "least" worse might be the GA-970A-D3P. If you cannot purchase a really decent mobo in Brazil then I don't see you doing any overclocking. That cooler you have is not large enough to push a 6 core FX much on a very entry level mobo can ruin the mobo and maybe even more parts. About the best can be said for good AM3+ mobo buying in Brazil.
RGone...ster.

Back