• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More POWAH!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ive had pretty good luck with the 14.9 Drivers so far. I get the occasional crash, but that's usually when im really pushing the cards, upwards of 1250 Mhz core clocks.
Prior to that, it was somewhere around 13.4 that was good, but everything in between was junk.

Was the work unit still counting up the percentage but the card at idle? Reason I ask, I have this issue occasionally,
Generally when it happens its because the drivers crashed causing the card to go idle.

same issue with me. the only difference I have is I seem to get to 99.9% and then the wu hangs. gpu driver fails. reloaded amd 14.9 drivers repeatedly 3 times and issue is gone for now. seems most prevalent on a 13000 wu.

This is a side effect of how their UI works. When it starts out, it figures out how fast you should be folding and the display shows that rate going up at 2 points past the decimal, but the log only reports actual full percent steps. When the percent done is reported in the log, the display corrects that rate. Normally you won't see a difference between the rate and the actual folding production.

However, (and this has happened to me a few times when a card crashes) if the card stops folding, the display will still show progress until it either starts working again, or it hits that 99.99%. If the card seems idle, check the log tab in the advanced viewer. If that is off by more than a percent from the status tab, stop folding, kill any f@h processes, and restart the client. That usually fixes it for me. Card probably needs a bit more power on the core, or a slight drop in Mhz to keep it from happening again.

I had to use drivers in the 13's to get the 7970's going smoothly.
I also found that a little excess vcore on the pea shooter cpu helped.

That's awesome. Your post made me laugh a little too. Great job cd.

I have an a6-6400 dual core apu in the 7970 rig so on the cpu side it is a little under powered.

Well. If the past is any predictor of the future, I'm about to jinx myself here again. I have my two 280X's running at full speed and it looks like they will put up about 250k more than I've been putting up for the last several weeks. Come morning, I'll know more if it is working out. Then, I'll have to take it all apart to reinstall everything into my new case. History says that's when all hell will break loose.

Good news again. I had to uninstall reinstall FAH but the machine was running all night and looks like it is fully producing. Looking at around 230-250k ppd from that machine alone. Probably not this weekend but maybe next weekend, I'll take it all apart and install it in my even newer case. This should allow me to go from 2x cross-fire to 3x cross-fire.

Of course it won't work right for about a month after I do this just ..... because and for no other reason.

Proof that I finally did it.
I built my Tri-Xfire rig and have a 7970 in my server. These four cards alone should do some damage.

Folding.jpg

IMG_20141130_163427[1].jpg

How hot are those cards???

Looks like there's no room for them to breath! :p

Because of your post, I finally decieded to download MSI afterburner. I found that the cards are so hot that the top two are throttling. I purchased thow PCIe x16 ribbons today. I'll move the middle one out using the cable and that should take care of that issue.

Because of your post, I finally decieded to download MSI afterburner. I found that the cards are so hot that the top two are throttling. I purchased thow PCIe x16 ribbons today. I'll move the middle one out using the cable and that should take care of that issue.

Ouch!

On the plus side, once you get situated, we'll see a nice boost in your production!

Aw man :(
At least you found out before it was damaging the cards :thup:

Yeah, like Torin said, your PPD will boost up nicely :)

Back