• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitfenix Ghost - A few questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xeromynd

Registered
Hi All,

I'm strongly considering an upgrade to the Bitfenix Ghost from my current Obsidian 650D. So this question is directed at Ghost owners, and people who've used one. (I know, I know, the Fractal Define R4 seems to be the go-to silent gaming case, but I really don't like the look of it at all, and while it has some advantages over the Ghost (all metal built) I find the Ghost much more attractive)

1.) Some reviews mention that it's a bit plastic-y feeling. Does this interfere with the structural integrity of the chassis at all, or is it purely a cosmetic gripe? Obviously all aluminum/steel would be preferable, but I can't imagine there's plans to upgrade the chassis.

2.) Airflow. How is it? I'd plan to have 2x 120mm Front Intakes, 4x Top Exhaust Push/Pull w/ Radiator (H100i, see next question), 1 120mm Rear exhaust, and possibly one bottom 120mm intake.

3.) Is pushpull with a radiator like the H100i possible in this case? I know it has the top slot for a radiator, which is where the top two fans would go in the case of trying push/pull, and I know that they did offset the mounts up there to be more off the mobo (afaik), is this true/has anyone ben able to do pushpull in this case?

4.) If push/pull is not possible, will my H100i radiator fit in the top bay by itself (with fans below)?

5.) Are the drive cages removable? I have a 5.25 to 3.5 bay adapter with 120mm intake, and I'd be able to stick all my drives in the 5.25 bays, thus opening up where the stock HDD cages are for better airflow. (Or would that be bad to toss my HDDs up top of the case? (Heat might have nowhere to rise? not sure)

6.) Is there an SSD mount behind the motherboard? I dug deep into the Bitfenix website last night, and cant remember if this chassis does or not.

That's it for now, any and all answers or help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks!

-xeromynd

1. A lot of cases get this. But most people touch the mouse and keyboard when using the PC...

2. The airflow looks poor: All because of those non-removable drive cages. Better than most options with some damn good cable management and placement of ancilliaries.

3. Best pic I can find quickly is from Insidehardware.it:

bitfenix-ghost-59.jpg

I would be surprised if some slim fans on a pull push don't fit.

4. As above, shocked if it doesn't.

Last two already answered.

Back