• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fragmenting on the screen. Can't figure out why.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GMdoubleG

Hi all,

I've been dealing with my friend's computer for months now! I can't figure out why there are fragments all over the screen. I can barely see an image on the screen. Another issue is when I press the power button, the PC starts then shuts down two or three times before actually starting up. I've tried setting it up only with the GPU and SSD and I still get the problems. I've also tried both GPUs by themselves and in different PCI slots. All give the same issues.

I'm desperate to try anything.

So far I've tried:

RMA the Motherboard twice (ASUS X58 Sabortooth)
RMA both GPUs (MSI 560Ti x 2)
New HDD is an SSD for OS.

The rest of the hardware is:
6x4GBs RAM DDR3
Corsair 950W PSU
i7 950 CPU

Any help would be awesome.

Tried on another screen, tried another cable?

Edit: be careful with Asus: these c..ts can send you back the mobo uou RMA'ed without fixing it!!!

I'm using the same TV and Cable that works with my HTPC. The only additions there is I have to use a HDMI to DVI converter so I might go get a new one of those.

As for ASUS, I've heard that and this is my 3rd RMA. This time they advance mailed me the new MoBo so I have both. Since it is the exact same issue on three different MoBos (All X58 sabortooth), I assume it has to be something else.

Could this be due to a CPU problem? Or PSU problem? I'm lost and just searching ideas. I really don't want to buy all new parts since he doesn't need them.

Ok. I Could this be a RAM issue? Maybe taking out the 6 sticks and limiting it to 1? He used this setup for about a year with no issues so I assume those are fine.

Back