• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den Delrin Hose clamps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't know, I always just used the little zip ties for barbs

just cut them off when changing tubing

Those nylon (delrin?) are the same as some I used to hold a 1" nylon intake hose to a swimming pool pump some years ago. Was in place 10 years with no issues. At lower pressures they may work quite well.

That type clamp has been in use in the automotive industry for years , if not decades. While nothing is foolproof (Mother Nature will always invent a better fool) , those clamps come pretty close.

I would steer away and either go with full metal hose clamps or compression fittings. You're playing with liquid and electronics here. I always take the paranoid route when it comes to water cooling. lol If I had a heavy wallet than I wouldn't care and because I don't, I take "extra" measures. heh

I would steer away and either go with full metal hose clamps or compression fittings. You're playing with liquid and electronics here. I always take the paranoid route when it comes to water cooling. lol If I had a heavy wallet than I wouldn't care and because I don't, I take "extra" measures. heh

i dont have a heavy wallet, but i have always just skipped the clamps route. i've always just gone with tubing that is 1/16th smaller than the barbs that i am using, never had a leak, across 4 systems, and 8 years.
that being said, i will probably use some form of compression fittings on my net build, just for the look.

Delrin clamps hold extremely well. They are easy to put on, virtually impossible to mess up, and come in a variety of colors to suit any build. I would use and trust them more than worm drive metal clamps any day of the week. The one major flaw they have is taking them off. Its a pita even in a somewhat roomy case to hit the right angle with some of them. you have to pry up the top most locking lever, then pry up the next lever down on the other side for it to spring loose. I could do it quickly with a pair of flat head screwdrivers if i had an angle but some of them were just a pain to angle right.

Back