• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing 8.1 without key during install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you.
Is there re-arming on Win 8?

What is the limit after you boot in like that, 30 days?

It appears that rearm is supported from what info I can gather from a Google search. I really have no answers for the 2nd question

If this is a test machine, just rearm it tomorrow and see if it resets the counter.

slmgr /dlv
should give you a Remaining Windows rearm count

Check number of days to activate in Computer properties then if less than 30, see if this resets the days to 30:
slmgr -rearm

Thanks for going through the process, now I have a definitive answer.

It seems to work. I set the date forward and ran slmgr /xpr and it said it was in notification mode, then I ran slmgr /rearm then slmgr /xpr again and it says something weird but it's no longer in notification mode.
Windows 8 x64-2014-10-31-18-06-45.png

It refuses to give me an actual expiration date... oh well.

Edit: Btw, It gives similar errors for any slmgr command that I've tried except for the /rearm.

Last edited:
So I guess now that we forced it to go through using a Volume hack... I am guessing there won't be any problems using a non-Volume regular key to actually activate?
Whoever finds out the hard way, please post ;).

Back