• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What games are you most excited for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HANDxOFxGOD

Registered
The games I'm currently excited for are, in order but very close calls,

#1 Batman: Arkham Knight
#2 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
#3 Star Wars: Battlefront (3)
#4 Metal Gear Solid V

From years of playing video games, good and bad, and refining my tastes for quality, I feel like every game on this list will truly be worth the price tag. Very few games are. This is based solely on my opinion and the little preview stuff we've had. These are the games I am most excited for. Luckily they are all coming to PC! Can't wait to max this ****.

Of course there is stuff like AC Unity and COD Advanced Warfare, but those I already know won't be worth much more than a rent. I COULD BE WRONG! But I doubt it.

Any games you guys are very excited for?

Last edited:
Batman Arkham Knight has my attention, as I have played and enjoyed the entire series so far. I haven't really kept up with upcoming releases lately though, and perhaps that's better for my wallet. I'm anxious to see if they eventually release a PC copy of Destiny, as I've heard a lot of rumors of that being the case.

At the moment it's only Dragon Age: Inquisition

That entire series has been addictive as hell for me so far. More so Origins than Dragon Age II though.

Just noticed Far Cry 4 is coming out this month...Now its a decision whether to upgrade to a GTX 970 and get a free game...Or buy outright.... I'm thinking my 560 may be long in the tooth.:-/ Any thoughts. I am a huge fan of the series, still going back into FC 3 to clear the camps every now and again, one of my favorite things along with hunting and unlocking the towers.

I just would have rewarded players more at the end. Staying or leaving would have both been happy endings if I had a choice. Its almost like the writers in games hate themselves and want to punish players with bad endings. Lets face it...If you have been a wrecking ball the whole game, a bad ending isn't going to force an epiphany on you. Just hug your friends good by and live happily ever after ;)

Arkham Knight in the hopes the writing will be as good as Arkham Asylum and the gameplay will be as good as Arkham City! (Seriously, if Asylum had had the gameplay of City it would have been one of my favorite games since I was a small child and used to play Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis.)

Dragon Age: Inquisition (Inquisition is my excuse for buying new hardware XD I'm one of those dialogue wheel haters, but I have hope that Inquisition will repeatedly rip my heart out like Origins, in a good way.) (Two weeks!)

My using a new game as an excuse to buy hardware should not be construed as a recommendation to dfonda to use a new game as an excuse to buy hardware. ;) If I could afford it (and were already planning to buy another game and hadn't just upgraded my graphics card), I wouldn't be able to resist.

My using a new game as an excuse to buy hardware should not be construed as a recommendation to dfonda to use a new game as an excuse to buy hardware. ;) If I could afford it (and were already planning to buy another game and hadn't just upgraded my graphics card), I wouldn't be able to resist.
Insinuation Maybe?:D

and

:welcome: to OcF LaRiccia!!:cheers:

Just noticed Far Cry 4 is coming out this month...Now its a decision whether to upgrade to a GTX 970 and get a free game...Or buy outright.... I'm thinking my 560 may be long in the tooth.:-/ Any thoughts. I am a huge fan of the series, still going back into FC 3 to clear the camps every now and again, one of my favorite things along with hunting and unlocking the towers.

I just would have rewarded players more at the end. Staying or leaving would have both been happy endings if I had a choice. Its almost like the writers in games hate themselves and want to punish players with bad endings. Lets face it...If you have been a wrecking ball the whole game, a bad ending isn't going to force an epiphany on you. Just hug your friends good by and live happily ever after ;)

560Ti is long in the tooth, yes. Even 580, which I have, shows its age with a lot of games. I'd suggest getting your hands on a 970. Really good performance and power draw for the price.

560Ti is long in the tooth, yes. Even 580, which I have, shows its age with a lot of games. I'd suggest getting your hands on a 970. Really good performance and power draw for the price.
Yeah that 145W TDP is something I have not had in a GPU for 10 years or more...:drool:

and 76W at idle. Nice!

Last edited:
In no particular order:

Evolve
Far Cry 4
Dragon Age Inquisition
GTA V
CoD AW
(gameplay looks good from those I watched play, will just have to try it)
Arkham Knight
The Division
Homefront: The Revolution
Mad Max
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

For PC games at least, keep an eye on these sites:
G2A, Kinguin, Gamemafia.pro.

Aside from Steam/Origin sales, these sites will get you the cheapest prices around.

Back