• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's alive! It's alivvvvveeeeee!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

Ok, a little over dramatic, but I finally have my rack system setup and running: it's a all-in-one ESXi build, featuring a Dell R710 2u server, and OpenIndiana running Napp-it to host the ZFS drive setup, via a 16 bay HDD enclosure, and a dedicated quad Nic for the iSCSI "drive" to my main PC. The iSCSI with MPIO in Windows 7 was abit of a PITA to setup, as well as getting the MTU properly set in OpenIndiana, but it too is purring along, and I'm in the process of restoring all my games to it. I was hopeing for some higher numbers from the array, not sure if I can coax anymore speed out of it, but I'm fairly pleased with it for now. :D

ZFSiSCSI.jpg

Not too bad, considering that WD Reds are (thought to be) 5k rpm drives, and the SAS expander in the aray isn't capable of SATA3 speeds (afaik). I've seen my network meter hit over 3.2Gbps, so the combined 4 x 1Gbps connections are working as intended.:thup:

Last edited:
Seemed appropriate, as it's dealing with my ESXi all-in-one setup.

Back