• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Band

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
Just an fyi as there is not much talk on wearables here.

Been looking at this for it's heart monitoring but the basic notifications & Cortana support will make it uber useful even though it is not a fully-fledged smartwatch.....

Note: Works with iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone :thup:

Microsoft-Band

Interesting. I've not made the crossover to a smart watch yet, but this one looks intriguing.

Edit - $200 dorra!?

This is the first one that intrigues me as well because it can be used independently of a phone. I feel the previous wearables didn't have enough features, or the new smart watches all needed to be paired with a phone. I know some features still require a phone pairing, but I was looking into GPS watches, so I'm enticed by the GPS in the band.

A quick scan of reviews makes it seem like reviewers aren't a fan of the Band, but I think they're harping on very minor things. Also, I think some of the reviews I read may be from larger news outlets that have been criticized of having an Apple bias.

Back