• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS X99-A Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

The Haswell-E/X99 platform has become a popular choice among enthusiast users when considering their next system build. Unfortunately, the price associated with building a system based around this new platform can be a deal breaker for a lot of people. In an effort to ease that pain a bit, ASUS offers up their more affordable X99-A motherboard. Don’t let the affordability of the X99-A fool you though… it’s still packed with a lot of enthusiast-level features the more discerning user looks for. So, let’s take a close look at the X99-A motherboard and see what ASUS brings to the table this time around.

Continue Reading Article

Very nice and a good price. If only the CPU and memory weren't such a high percentage of the total system cost. Thanx for this review Dino.

Memory more so than the CPU(5820K can be had for a pittance more than a 4790K), but agreed!

Newegg dropped the price with a promo code to $260. Promo code EMCWPGW29, good for a couple days I think.

Nice read, I'd been contemplating a mATX 2011v3 build but as everyone has said the overall cost stopped me. I was floored when I started looking for parts on the cost.

Back