• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to use router with wifi hotspot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

I'm dumping my landline. My only real issue is printing. First the printer needs to be connected to the same network you're printing from. 2nd I don't have the range on the phone so I'll need a router if they even make one for that. This is a problem because if the printer is linked to one phone and it leaves then in order to print you have to redo the network setup on the printer to another phone in the house. Obviously this is impracticle. Is there a solution for these issues?

You say whaaaaaaaat???? :confused:

I don't understand how the phone (what phone) and printer are related.

Are you using your smartphone for the wifi hotspot and trying to connect a router to that and then a printer to the router? If so, I don't know how. :shrug:

idk :)

yea this is a bit confusing.

But you could set up a router with wifi, then setup the printer then turn on the wifi on your phone when you want to print. If its on a pc you can connect to multiple networks.

yea this is a bit confusing.

But you could set up a router with wifi, then setup the printer then turn on the wifi on your phone when you want to print. If its on a pc you can connect to multiple networks.

I can only bridge wireless to wired. I don't see how I can bridge 2 wireless connections since only the wireless connection you're logged into shows up in adapter settiings. For now I have the printer working through a router but to use it you must logon to that network.

Last edited:
Back