• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New(ish) build freezing under stress/startup sometimes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gag706

Registered
Hi, I recently built a computer for gaming and it's working relatively well, but I'm having some troubles with freezing. My set up is:

Processor: AMD FX-9590 - Black edition
CPU Cooling: Corsair H110 280mm
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Video: MSI N760 GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-bit
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB (2 x 8) 1600
OS Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB
Storage Drive: WD Black 2TB
Power: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540

Any advice would be appreciated, also any suggestions for improving the set up would be welcomed. I'm realizing it's not the best set up I probably could've gotten.

CaptureCache.PNG CaptureCPU.PNG
CaptureGraphics.PNG CaptureMainBoard.PNG
CaptureMemory.PNG CaptureSPD.PNG

Last edited:
Corsair Carbide Series Air 540

four fans in (front and top), one fan out.

I would flip the top to exhaust.
If you still want your H110 to be an intake, put it in the front of the case and use the two front fans as exhausts at the top.

What load does the system crash under? Prime95?

I'll move those around.

Yes. It usually lasts for about 30 min on blend. But in custom I give it about 14GB of memory and it will typically freeze after about 8 minutes. (It usually passes one test, then fails soon after.)

I also haven't had any overheating problems as far as I've been able to see.

Go run Memtest86+ and see what that says about your memory.

Also, what's your CPU_NB and NB voltage?

Give the CPU_NB 1.2V and the NB 1.25V, see if that clears it up under Prime95 Blend.

Yeah, one pass should be fine. Since it passed before I doubt it'll fail this time.

I changed NB to 1.25 and CPU/NB to 1.2 It's still freezing up after about 15 minutes on Prime95 blend.

Last edited:
Froze after ten minutes, but passed the first test this time.

That page doesn't list AMD as a compatible processor. Could that be the problem?

I turned off ECC and set the voltages back to where they were. It made it to the start of the third test. (about 20 min.) I'm planning on trying the voltages now.

Edit: Just tried setting NB and CPU/NB. failed in the first few minutes. Same story for upping the RAM to 1.55.

I have them set to auto at the moment.

Last edited:
Back