• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell UP2414Q (UHD monitor) via NVIDIA Quadro 410 Display Rotation Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ephemera

Registered
I'm running a Dell UP2414Q (UHD monitor) via NVIDIA Quadro 410, DP 1.2, and I can't change the desktop orientation.

On the appropriate nVidia Control Panel tab the rotation choices are disabled.
If I set up a rotation shortcut on nView Desktop Manager, it doesn't do anything.

I suspect it may have something to do with the monitor being physically two panels side by side and the nVidia software not coping with that.

Has anybody managed to rotate that monitor? How?

I like mine in the normal landscape position, so I wouldn't change it, but I just checked and my rotation options are also disabled (latest non-beta Catalyst). The Eyefinity controls do have an option for 2-by-1 vs 1-by-2. I have not used it, but maybe the nVidia panel has a similar option; see if it allows rotation in a different layout.

I like mine in the normal landscape position, so I wouldn't change it, but I just checked and my rotation options are also disabled (latest non-beta Catalyst). The Eyefinity controls do have an option for 2-by-1 vs 1-by-2. I have not used it, but maybe the nVidia panel has a similar option; see if it allows rotation in a different layout.

Googling it seems it's a known issue and it's driver related and only presents in MST mode DP 1.2 (full UHD, 60Hz), except with at least one nVidia card (GTX something) with which it does work. So sooner or later it should get fixed for other cards as well.

Speaking of the UP2414Q do you also have the "won't awake from sleep" issue? That seems to be unsolved and more annoying since at every switch-on I have to perform multiple Ctrl-Alt-Del. It's in all firmwares, mine is A01 (the second version. Tag at the back of the monitor, near the ports)

A01 here too, and no, mine comes back from sleep just fine. The only issues I have are the USB hub not working (gets power, but no data) (which I suspect was damage caused by Amazon's idiotic shipping - the monitor box was inside another box about 8"x8"x8" bigger with no padding in the larger box, so the monitor probably got slammed around several times on the way), and sometimes the screen will not register input if I turn it on and the computer at the same time. If the GPU starts up while the monitor is still doing the lights up and down on the right side, then the screen will stay off, but once it's on, it doesn't have problems, so I just give the monitor a few seconds to come on before I hit the switch on the computer. I was getting the red line between the panels on resume from standby for a while, but I fixed that by setting power management to "never turn off the display". It'll turn itself off when the computer goes into standby, and it comes back fine (no red line) then.

Back