• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ln2 pricing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devlos

I found a place that sells ln2 and rents dewars. Its a 160L dewar rental at $60/month, then $100 to fill. This seems like much more volume than I would want but I don't know if that is a good/bad price or about average or what?? Good thing is this place is only 2 miles away from home and they deliver only.

I was looking for dry ice and just started asking about ln2. I'm not ready for ln2 yet but thought it might be a good idea to get some info.

PS I will be going cold with the dry ice very soon!!!

I'm from north of the border so pricing won't line up for us but I have been told that some WalMarts actually carry DICE.

Yes WalMart does, not the closes one to me but the next further.... However, today is Oct 31st and they are sold out. I'm trying to get this going like tonite, many people have told me "patience is a virtue".

Last edited:
I have a 35 liter dewar and to fill it costs me $ 92.00 or $ 2.62 a liter

However if I have them deliver it in a 240 liter quanity it costs $ 112.00 or $ .46 a liter using their dewar

I pay for them to deliver and pick up for an additional $ 37.00 so it ends up costing $ 149.00 or $ .62 a liter

I get free rental on the deware as long as I have it delivered and picked up in the same month.

I always just get a 240 delivered as even if I do not use it all it still is a much better value, just understand Ln2 is use it or lose it

if yo don't use it it simply evaporates

They're right devlos, if you don't do your prep work properly then you'll end up like I did on my first attempt. 1 motherboard and 2 CPUs down the tube.

yes make sure you prep thouroughly and have fan pulling vapor away, not into the system

best of luck, you will ahve some serious fun , but DICE will leave you wanting more after a few sessions.

Do you live anywhere close to PA ?

If so let me know, you are welcome to stop in :)

Attachments

• DSCF1623.JPG
    DSCF1623.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF2123.JPG
    DSCF2123.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 44
  • vantge.JPG
    vantge.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 45
@Johan45, well and everyone,

I have been prepping for about a week and I hope I'm ready. I can afford to lose a g3258 which is what i will be freezing but do not want to lose my z97 OCF. What are a couple things a beginner like me might make on there first attempt? Not tight enough insolation, rushing the prep? I will admit I'm a bit nervous. I was planning to do this for the first time on a lga775 mobo without a care for the well-being of the hardware. Since I changed my mind and am using my most expensive mobo and do not want to kill it in the first 5 seconds lol.

@Witchdoctor,

I didn't ask/think about delivery and pick-up fees. I am sure there would be one so that has to be accounted for in the total pricing too. I guess it'll be better to have too much then not enough.
"DICE will leave you wanting more after a few sessions." I have no doubt.
I'm in Florida but I def appreciate that offer to stop by.

Last edited:
There are a couple of threads here going over insulation, search around (in the meantime I will look too).

When I first started this, I was around $1.25 /L with a 35L dewar. Over time, that price went up and up until I latched onto a national account and get that same price steady now...

And does the bottom side of mboard need the art eraser too, just like the top?

There are a couple of threads here going over insulation

Read 'em (all??) but obviously could re-read now that i'm so close to doing it, thanks.

Also the place I found for the ln2 want you to have an account but don't require it, I wasn't sure what that meant. So not a bad idea to get one for when I start buying to try to keep price.

@Quikfast, no on Lowes Food but I just found out Publix (grocery store) has it and I can walk to the local publix in under 5 minutes. :D

use some flat stock elastmeteric insulation about the same size as the board, pictured above

I use art eraser around the socket. This is just me though. there are other ways to do it

your board is conformal coated so a little condensation will not be such a big deal

In Florida condinsation will be a factor, try to minimize by beching in the cool room with low humidity

Just watch the fumes of the acetone

Your board was made for this type of cooling

Edit:

you can also check local beer disributors as well for DICE , In PA they typically have it

Last edited:
I'll be back after a while guys. I got to get a little work done before the day disappears completely. And also let me try to absorb all this info.

OK I'm back... and about 20 minutes from starting.

I spent the last couple hours prepping. I know it don't need to take that long but that art eraser almost won the fight. Everyting else went smooth.

Now i'm ready so wish luck and hopefully my hwbot profile will reflect tonites FUN!

Thanks for all the tips everyone!!

If you get your ln2 at airgas, try to haggle with them a bit. I only have to tell them that I got it for $1 per liter last time and they give me that price. I used to have to argue with them a bit. They used to try to charge me a fee too, but not any more. Dry ice is $1.19 lb here.

have fun with the dice!!

Ok I know it's late but good news can't wait.

I had a very nice run and will be doing this often ,when I can. I entered the extreme league and lost my rookie status which I don't like and like at the same time. It was so cool, pardon the stupid pun, using DICE. Very glad I did it. My thoughts are scattered right now so it's hard to convey what I want to (acetone fumes?) And I lost about half of my results somehow including a 400 score in xtu and 3907 in hwbot prime that I only have a screenshot left of - :mad: - Who am I kidding though I would be fine if I lost them all, I enjoyed it soo much! I feel like this post is basically a rant so just deal with it (was going to say sorry but I think i'm high right now).

Oh and nothing died :clap: and I got up to 5700mhz top speed but didnt validate. Going to bed now.

Last edited:
Back