• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g3258 overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks Stefan,

Horsepower Baby !!! .... Set um up and knock um down .......... :thup:

If all else fails drink more beer :rofl:

Jiccman is stopping by tomorrow night so hopefully it will be a good session

I will be working on FS, FSE and 11

if time may try to see what else if anything I can do with Vantage

he will be sporting a 290x Matrix, can't wait to see that monster in some Heaven action

Oh man....am a bit jelly that I can't be there but trust that the 2 of you will be fairly devastating (killing benches not hardware!)!

nice clocks on that cpu fun! have you tested it out on water/air yet or do you plan to?

Thanks Evilsizer! Doubt this chip will ever see water or air cooling unless I eventually move it to a 24/7 build. Once I manage to finally get everything dialed in and complete the 2d's am going to run ~75 vga cards with it for 3dm5 and earlier.

Hi again folks

Here are my current bios settings. Spent the day playing with ram so didn't really do any benching per se but these settings should get e 6.2-6.3 validation and runs short stuff at 6.1.

Any suggestions for tweakage?

Attachments

• xpower-1108-bios2.jpg
    xpower-1108-bios2.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 107
  • xpower-1108-bios1.jpg
    xpower-1108-bios1.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 105
22772449.jpg

Poor little feller. You're going to kill him...

J/K I envy your access to large volumes of LN2.

Vccin seems really high? .4 to .5 above works well for me on haswell on cold.
Thanks EarthDog. So...you think something closer to the 2.1-2.2 range might be better?

22772449.jpg

Poor little feller. You're going to kill him...

J/K I envy your access to large volumes of LN2.
Me or Witchdoctor? Hoping I don't kill the board or chip....hope to use them for a good while.

Yeah...Witchdoctor's got the mad ln2 connection

Got some feedback from another user...
1- WOWOWOW! Relax on the voltage on your vsa io and ia OMG never put that and i use LN2 it's very very high "psc dont like a io and ia too high" or if you kill your cpu you are a good way
2- dont put 2.6v on vccin for 5.7ghz it's too much 2.1 or 2.2v it's good for 5.7

put 1.1v on sa 1.15 or 1.2 max io & ia i can try with more voltage just for see i can go over mhz on the ram but in 99% of time it is useless 1.1v on all it's perfect

Thoughts? More ideas?
Will drop SA, io, ia a bit

Well, I mentioned the VCCin was brutally high already...2.1/2.2 was all I needed for 6Ghz+ i7 quads. They say to keep it around .4 to .5v away in most guides.

Yep...knew you were right (you're pretty good like that hehe), glad I've still got a chip!

Still trying to figure out how to get the most out of this thing

For 5.5GHz+ I'm usually setting 2.1-2.3V VCCIN ( good chips shouldn't need as much ), +0.15-0.20V SA/IO, depends what I'm doing but for memory clocks like 2600-2800 +0.15 is more than enough. One of my haswells died in one evening after running it at 2.35V vccin. Some just don't like that. My G3258 is totally degraded probably because of too high voltages. Looks like 1.92V on dice wasn't best idea ;)

Being an impatient %#&@, changed all 3 at the same time. Based on high frustration level combined with the sdumper coming Saturday to fix the ss and tune the cascade, decided to just spend this week running the setup on air to test out some ram.

Curious on people's thoughts regarding the guide I linked...particularly the voltages listed in the table.

Back