• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g3258 overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Had to wait for my poor old Cryo-Z to pull down then had to re-seat as it was locking up at anything above 5.2GHz. Will post pics sometime tonight. As you can see I have a very sophisticated method. P1010001.jpg

Love the holdown action there! hehe (the floppy's also awesome)

No eraser or anything? Conformaled? Jus' nekkid?

Woohoo!!!!

Hope you mean your benching setup and not something else....BRRRRR cold!

When're we gonna see some settings? ;)

Should have a chance to play with mine in the next few days , just off the shelf retail so not expecting much , maybe I will get lucky ...... not , I never get lucky :(

Agreed. Blast of a chip and imho unbeatable for the price.

Hoping to give it another try this weekend

Should have a chance to play with mine in the next few days , just off the shelf retail so not expecting much , maybe I will get lucky ...... not , I never get lucky :(

Taking a look at your mad hwbot profile I'd say you do indeed get lucky from time to time Witchyman ;P Can't wait to see how you do with the chip. Knowing you, you'll smack it around plenty and then (once you've basically got the hang of it)....your skills+juice combined with the fact that it's a cheap chip (ie- you can be relatively fearless), am pretty confident it'll give you the goods (or die trying hehe).

In any case...it's a really fun little chip that'll let you get your 2D and 3D groove on!

lol you guys crack me up! when i first say the news about this chip i figured it would be a hit. i can say for me it has been the best money spent on a cpu in a long time. all my games still play just like before but now with just half the cores and my room doesnt heat up like it use to with the i7 920. though im still going to find a cheap D0 to put in that board for some crunching in due time.

lol you guys crack me up! when i first say the news about this chip i figured it would be a hit. i can say for me it has been the best money spent on a cpu in a long time. all my games still play just like before but now with just half the cores and my room doesnt heat up like it use to with the i7 920. though im still going to find a cheap D0 to put in that board for some crunching in due time.

Agreed...best $60 hardware spend in ages.

I should be loading an OS in preparation for some fun tonight

Total fail

Brand new out of the box SOC Force = DOA :mad:

Funking Gigabyte, last two I had were POS and now a DOA .... WTF

This thing is going back to Micro Center this weekend. should have just ponied up the extra cash for a z97OCF and been done with it , What was I thinking :facepalm:

Sorry for the Rant, but this blows , Where is the quality control ???

Ewwww...that sucks. Thought you had a different 1150 mobo already? VERY grateful to Joe for selling his z97 xpower cheap. From what I've been reading...all decent z97 boards perform about the same.

TBH it never really bothers me to much if something dies that I am benchi9ng, but new out of the box just pisses me off.

They obviously never checked this board

May just forget this idea, get my money back and buy me a MSI 290x Lightning ...... :rofl:

they are on sale for $ 398.99 shipped and they flat out own Heaven

but if I grab another board it will be the z97OCF

Tried to save 34 bucks and got kicked in the teeth :(

guess I will head down to Paris's pub grab some wings , couple of cold ones and chill

Gigabyte get the Ban Hammer once again

:forecast:

TBH it never really bothers me to much if something dies that I am benchi9ng, but new out of the box just pisses me off.

They obviously never checked this board

May just forget this idea, get my money back and buy me a MSI 290x Lightning ...... :rofl:

they are on sale for $ 398.99 shipped and they flat out own Heaven

but if I grab another board it will be the z97OCF

Tried to save 34 bucks and got kicked in the teeth :(

guess I will head down to Paris's pub grab some wings , couple of cold ones and chill

Gigabyte get the Ban Hammer once again

:forecast:
Same thing here. My GA-Z77-HD3 arrived DOA. I'll not be doing business with them from now on.

Back