• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Z77M - Will it Drive Two Monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I am using an ASRock Z77M motherboard. I am driving the monitor from the DVI-D Port (DVI1) on the back of the motherboard. There is also an HDMI Port (HDMI1) and a D-Sub Port (VGA1). Can either of these now unused ports be used to drive a second monitor? If not, do I need to buy a video card to drive the second monitor?

Some common tasks would be much easier if a second monitor displayed reference material needed to create spread sheets on the primary monitor.

Never mind - Just found an HDMI cable I forgot I had and tried it - works perfect. Sorry for the unneeded post but was trying to avoid buying a cable I did not need.

Last edited:
To provide more feedback, I've done this on my Z77 board and it works perfectly fine! :)

Hey guys, just another vote of confidence, I'm also doing this with my Z77 as well

Back