• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GSKILL RMA question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I've got 2x4GB of DDR3-2400 ARES memory that locks up +Memtest when tested on 2 different motherboards at stock.

I'd like to RMA it, but I wasn't the original purchaser. It was from work, but my boss didn't want to RMA it and said I could toss it.

Will GSKILL let me RMA it?

I would ask G.Skill support if you can send it to RMA without receipt as memory has lifetime warranty so date of purchase shouldn't count.

You do not need a receipt. I just sent a set off to them for RMA last Thursday (10/23). They received them 10/27 and I should have mine back Monday. Very fast turnaround.

Thanks everybody! I just submitted an RMA request.

I've found their RMA process to be painless and the turn around times very good. Good Luck torin3.

My last RAM RMA was about 8years ago and it was with G.Skill, I called them and they told me what to do, I followed suit and shipped the sticks off and by the end of next week a brand new set was sitting in the mailbox for me, no receipt required :)

G.Skill are outstanding when it comes to RMA, it's part of their reputation.

Got the RMA number today. I'll have it out in tomorrow's mail.

Well, I think I got the RMA approved and replaced. I haven't gotten any email confirming it, but a stamps.com email just showed up saying I was shipped something.

It had my correct address and name, but nothing identifying the source. And the tracking number is valid.

New replacement RAM arrived in today's mail. Thumbs up for Gskill RMAs.

10 days total from the day you sent it to getting the new set in? Not bad if you ask me

Back