• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: November HWBOT Prime.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, let me qualify that statement...

SB had a hard wall multi limit to which that would certainly be the way to get a bit more clock. I do not recall Ivy and I don't think haswell did. So, it depends, but I don't think haswell has that problem... think. I didn't to 6Ghz on my chip (but SB max multi's did vary by chip..maybe i didn't hit mine??).
My SB hit a hard wall at 5300 Mhz, it would run at 5300 with 1.48 Cpu v on air without an issue on every benchmark. Though, it wouldn't make it into windows any higher, it didn't matter how cold I got it, I tried in on my benching loop with -10c water temps last winter. It also didn't matter how much voltage I added or what combination of Multi and BCLK I used, it wouldn't go over 5300 Mhz.

I might be able to run in this cold weather if I get home at a reasonable time. Got to take advantage of the cold (40's) degree weather :p

It better not get much colder,I don't even own a sweater lol.

I'm on my porch with my jacket and it's freezing!

I might be able to run in this cold weather if I get home at a reasonable time. Got to take advantage of the cold (40's) degree weather :p

It better not get much colder,I don't even own a sweater lol.

Hahaha 40's! I remember those days.

Screenshot_2014-11-18-18-52-13.png

\

Nice run , couldn't milk any more out of that chip ?

Giv'er some good old BCLK Johan :)

103 is safe, and should get ya 5.6 Ghz if it's stable :)

If the limit is 5.x with 100*multi, it will be the same with 10x*aslightlylessmulti...

Ya it was pretty much limited. The max I got out of it was 5.6. I probably could have milked another 100MHz for the Bot prime but I was on to something else. My goal was to improve some of my 3D runs and I did but I was really hoping for more out of it.
Ran into the same yesterday with My 8320. It clocks great with low voltage for everyday use but it topped out even earlier than my 9370. I need to find an old sloppy one for my next run. Maybe I'll have more luck.
I did manage to get a score for the marathon though I didn't get a pic of my highest score. http://hwbot.org/submission/2678083_johan45_hwbot_prime_fx_8320_7566.25_pps

Johan45/ FX-8320/ LN2/ 7480.53

bot 7480.53.JPG

My SB hit a hard wall at 5300 Mhz, it would run at 5300 with 1.48 Cpu v on air without an issue on every benchmark. Though, it wouldn't make it into windows any higher, it didn't matter how cold I got it, I tried in on my benching loop with -10c water temps last winter. It also didn't matter how much voltage I added or what combination of Multi and BCLK I used, it wouldn't go over 5300 Mhz.
That's curious. The half dozen SB's I had all performed the way I mentioned. Perhaps that was just it for the chip in general. But I could hit my multi wall and push through it with a bit of BCLK.

Ya it was pretty much limited. The max I got out of it was 5.6. I probably could have milked another 100MHz for the Bot prime but I was on to something else. My goal was to improve some of my 3D runs and I did but I was really hoping for more out of it.
Ran into the same yesterday with My 8320. It clocks great with low voltage for everyday use but it topped out even earlier than my 9370. I need to find an old sloppy one for my next run. Maybe I'll have more luck.
I did manage to get a score for the marathon though I didn't get a pic of my highest score. http://hwbot.org/submission/2678083_...20_7566.25_pps

Johan45/ FX-8320/ LN2/ 7480.53
Sucks Johan I guess that it still holds true that low leakage chips aren't as good on sub ambient as high leakage ones. I bet you which the Lil Piggy was still alive because that was a dirty one. :D

That's curious. The half dozen SB's I had all performed the way I mentioned. Perhaps that was just it for the chip in general. But I could hit my multi wall and push through it with a bit of BCLK.
ED I really had high hopes for my 2500k, before I learned they had a hard wall or max mutli. I learned it the hard way unfortunately by doind this---->:bang head. I figured it would be a good chip since I could run 5.3 on Air and it would do it without a hitch, it never blue screened, crashed nothing it was like I was benching at my 24/7 stable overclocks. When I tried to go higher it would either not post or blue screen, I just figured it wasn't cold enough, when I put it on my benching loop I learned about the hard wall. It sometimes will get past post at 52*102 but never makes it through windows without blue screening or freezing. Even when I try booting it at 51*102 it will get into windows but as soon as I set it to 52 it crashes. I've run it as high as 106 on the BLCK so I know the BCLK can be changed it just wont do 5.3 + which makes me sad. :(

If it blue screened, there was more in it... if you got the flashing cursor on boot, THAT was the sign of your multi wall. Basically if you saw the windows splash screen it wasn't a multi wall (IIRC).

Sucks Johan I guess that it still holds true that low leakage chips aren't as good on sub ambient as high leakage ones. I bet you which the Lil Piggy was still alive because that was a dirty one.

I certainly do Manny. The 9370 was very good for voltage at low speeds as well but needed just a bit more than the 8320 clock for clock. I'll have to try it out on the TT AIO and see how it behaves. I've been looking to change out the HTPC and this looks like a good candidate since it ain't up for benching.

If it blue screened, there was more in it... if you got the flashing cursor on boot, THAT was the sign of your multi wall. Basically if you saw the windows splash screen it wasn't a multi wall (IIRC).
Yeah above 53 on the multi it wouldn't do a thing, it was only when I set the multi at 52 and the BCLK where it would at least get to windows "sometimes" but would never make it through. At 51*102 I could get into windows but it would crash as soon as I set it to 52 within windows using the Asrock tuning program. It's happily serving duties as my lil guys minecraft machine right now. :D

I've been looking to change out the HTPC and this looks like a good candidate since it ain't up for benching.
:rofl: how jaded we have become 6476 Mhz<---not up for benching LOL

Nice work Rog, I see you're throwing a ton of subs into the Bot. Way to go :thup:

Back