• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game Collection Appraisal for Kijiji?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmo_9000

Hey everyone,

I decided to put up a bunch of my old console games up for sale on Kijiji. Here is a picture of the stack I'm trying to get rid of:

I posted the add with the picture asking for people to give me their best offer. But I'm not really sure what these games are worth these days. Can you guys give me your best guess as to what price I should be looking for?

Any help would be much appreciated.

You'll get more walking into a "Game Center" store than you will online for those. No "classics" really.. mostly semi modern stuff and nothing particularly rare.

My guess would be like $3 on average for each one, the only one that might net you more than $5 is GTA IV, IMO. Your best bet would be selling them all to some parents that bought their kid a 360 for christmas and need some games to go with it, or trading in for store credit a Game Stop or some place similar.

A physical game store or Craigslist (especially with parents that just recently purchased the last-gen consoles for their kids due to funds) are going to be your most profitable for sure.

I seriously doubt I would get my monies worth at GameStop. I would be better off saving my time and giving the games away. I was counting on parents looking to buy a bunch of games, I'll be happy if I get $40 or $50.

With those games, and I've played just about all of them, you can get around 50-60 for it, maybe more if you sell them individually. I notice there is a ps3 game in there haha.

$2-4 bucks a game is probably tops you'll get truthfully. I went and sold a bunch of X360 late last year and it was ok for prices but nothing to jump in the air about. All I cared was it wasn't taking up more space and I got some cash for it.

Well with the addition of a couple more games I decided to get rid of, I took the stack into EB games and they gave me $71. So I bought a wow time card and the new expantion and ended up only paying $21. What else am I suppose to buy at EB games...

I just wonder if they will ever make that money back. I can't see anyone actually buying these games. They're not exactly collectible, but I guess there may be parents out there looking to buy used games for last gen consoles for their kids. Still, was way more than I was expecting. And half the games I have on PC that I got for cheap or even free. I'm glad to free up some space though.

Last edited:
Getting $71 for that stack of games is pretty respectable, nice work

Back