• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

z97- any way to adjust ram in windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi Folks

Is there any way to adjust ram settings from withink windows on the z97 platform? I can't get the msi oc software working and get errors when trying to run apps like memset. Seem to recall reading that there's no way to do it on z97 but wanted to ask as it'll save me 10^9 reboots.

memset errors out and never opens. MemTweakit starts but all settings are 'view only'...no way to change them.

Odd as it works in X99... Not sure buddy... sorry. :(

You have the Intel Management Engine installed, correct?

Yeah....mei's installed. Haven't found a way so just making changes in bios.

Really makes me appreciate all the other (older) platforms where in-windows mem tweakage works. Funny...new (to me) chipset and now no workie? Poop on msi :/

Agreed. Just weird that an upgrade results in lost functionality. Funny that a couple years ago I never did any 'in windows' or dongle (like oc key) tweaking but now I'm addicted to it and miss it with the new rig.

Back