• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-970A-ud3p w/ phenom II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bluefalcon13

Has anyone tested the 970a-ud3p with a phenom II 955be lately? I see they released a new bios, and before it wouldn't clock up cores 1-3 on my PII (I bought a 970a-ud3p for under a month and returned it for this reason....). Any one tested this lately?

Starting to worry about my mobo cause the PSU kicked the bucket yesterday... PSU is in RMA and if the mono is dead might need to pickup a cheep replacement.

I believe Atminside has a Ga 970A ud3p though I do not think he has a 955 on it. You may want to shoot him a PM Blue.

What is the difference between the 970A-DS3, and the UD3p? I have two 970A-DS3 boards both with PII 965s and they run great, they are the two nodes in my VMware cluster.

yessir, thats why I am taking a gander again for this board. AMD isnt going to hit the new stuff for a bit, and the prices keep dropping on the FX line. I could always run my fx4130 till the wheels fall off her, or I pickup one of those fancy 8-cores :D

Think my H80 can take those fancy do-hicky 8 core beasts atleast to 4.5ghz daily, if not higher atleast. Just kinda in limbo as the PSU is shipped today, and RMA will take 1-2 weeks :/

If you decide to go that route, try to get an 8300 or 8310 from tigerdirect for around 105 dollars - I just got that and a UD3P for a build, and it's running smooth at 4.5 with a 212 evo.

Lot of performance for not a lot of money. I've got the F2g beta bios, and it seems to work fine - there are spelling errors in it, which are a little concerning lol.

Back