• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Server Rack Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

defiant79

Hello,

Came across a potential steal today and before jumping the gun need some opinions. Found a Middle Atlantic WMRK-4242SVR server rack, appears to be new on original pallet. This would be my first server rack, have wanted one for a long time. I don't currently have anything to put in it, but this would be the start of moving some things around. Anyone know anything about this rack?

http://www.middleatlantic.com/produ...-in-wide-enclosure/wmrk-4242svr.aspx#features

Not sure if this is standard setup for a rack and could be a good starting point. It is passive cooling right now so I would have to add fans later on on if I wanted that. I really don't know the right questions to ask, this would be used in a home. Possibilities are only limited by the check book lol.

Thanks for any and all help!

Looks to be a standard rack to me. How much are you getting it for?

You don't need fans for a rack unless you are dumping a ridiculous amount of heat and have the equipment to cool the room properly.

Honestly, $30 is the asking price.....Its still plastic wrapped like it was new, can't tell if the power strip is inside or not. Appears to be undamaged as well.

Even if that is missing parts, that is a crazy good deal for a rack.

Back